8.12.2008

Bullets

Not the gun kind, the punctuation kind. I've got a lot to say, so you know that means I'll do it bullet style!
  • Reading Carrie's list of races coming up got me all fired up! So I've got the Charlotte SheRox Tri on Sept 14, and today signed up for the Susan G Koman Race for the Cure 5k (feel free to donate to the cause) on Oct 5. Woohoo!
  • I even signed up to do the COMPETITIVE run. Which means no wimping out and walking!
  • I sent out an email around work to see if anyone was interested in doing it as well and I think some people might actually do it! I love it when people get out there to move for a good cause.
  • I mentioned it to one of my best friends from home and she hopped ALL OVER the chance for a good excuse to visit! So she booked a flight and signed up for the race as well. I cannot WAIT for her to visit. Yay for friends being the best.
  • My mom also emailed to see if her and one of my aunts can come visit for the weekend of the Charlotte SheRox. It would be great to have them in town to cheer me on. Hopefully it works out.
  • I'm going to Mexico!!! Instead of hitting up Canyon Ranch this year with the girls my mom asked how I'd feel about going to Cancun. She wanted to know if I'd be upset to not go to my "happy place" (aka Canyon Ranch). Are you KIDDING? Of course I'll go to Cancun! So my aunt, 2 cousins, mom and myself are going for a long weekend in November. The deal with my mom is that we both need to keep eating well and working out EVEN while we're on vacation. They have a super nice gym where we're staying so no excuses. I think that's a fair deal, don't you?
  • I'm slowly getting out of my funk. If I can get to the gym or pool today I think I'll be 100% out of it!
  • I'm totally hyped up from some Vanilla Chai Tea I had this morning.
  • I went to Target on my lunch break and spend UNDER 100 bucks and got everything I need. Including a BRITA which I've been meaning to get forever. The water dispenser from the fridge just takes FOREVER
  • It's been so cool and fall-like here. It's going down to 67 tonight. Color me turning the air off as SOON as I get home from work.
  • I am obsessed with the 'Lympics (as I used to call them when I was little). I am so hooked on the Michael Phelps hype as well. All of the touching little filler stories they do on him just kill me. They did one on his mom and I totally teared up. It's just not ok! I can't help but love all things Olympics though. They are so fun. And synchronized diving is OUT of control.
Ok... I think I covered it all. Maybe not, but we'll see.

Menu for today is as follows (and totally random).

Bfast:
Faux chai tea latte - 0.5
About 1/4 of my huge bowl of oatmeal (containing steel cut oats, 1/2 banana, 1/2 oz nuts and tbsp pb) - 3
weight watchers pretzels (mindless snacking - bad!) - 2

Lunch:
leftover burger from Sunday night. So yummy. 5 oz patty (of 97% lean ground beef and some spices), 1 ww single, pickles, ketchup all on a toasted light english muffin - 6.5
yummy nectarine - 1

Snacks:
cherries - 1
yogurt - 2

Dinner (super random)
Starbucks Vivano smoothie (have a coupon for a free one) most likely pick up on the way home from the gym - 5
tomatoes from my garden on light bread with some light mayo and salt and pepper - 2

Snack:
something for 1 or 2 but ONLY if I work out.

The plan for tonight (assuming the weather agrees) is to go home and do a little yard work (weeds are taking over. I hate them!). Hit up the gym or the pool and stop to get my smoothie when I'm done. Then take the little one for a walk and enjoy my tomato sammie after that while I lounge around watching the Olympics the rest of the night. Sounds like a good idea, yes?

No comments: