8.13.2008

Confession

I have a crush on Michael Phelps. It's true. I'm totally smitten with him and his winning ways. You know all of the little snippets they do of athletes and their families or their stories and stuff like that. Well of course they must have a million on MP (as we'll now call him). I love them. The one with him and his mom totally made me cry. And this, people, is why I love the 'Lympics. Amazing! Though I fear if he doesn't win a race or break a record the world might stop.... but we shall see haha.

In other news I had a great night last night. Finally made it to the gym and got a good workout in. Then I used my coup for a free Viviano smoothie at S-bucks. I got the chocolate banana. It was good and filling, but nothing amazing. I'm not sure I'd ever buy one, but I guess it's good to know it's out there as an option. 5 points, 21g of protein, 6g fiber... not too shabby. My stomach did hurt later in the evening though... so I'm not sure if it was from that or just a random stomach ache.

Before I went to the gym I made a tomato sandwich with the maters in my garden! It was delish. Here are some photos I snapped while drooling over the tomatoes waiting for my bread to toast.





Also - my brother's girlfriend recently moved in with him. His place is great... but super small since he lives in Hoboken, NJ. So, he had some things that had to go when she moved in. One of which was an old school piece of Tupperware my mom had given him that I've been coveting ever since. I LOVE the old orange and yellow Tupperware from the 70s. It cracks me up. So he gave this to me when I was home last! He held onto the bigger, yellow bowl but I'm holding out hope that he'll have to part with that someday too. Here is my sexy Tupperware bowl full of cherries. Delish!




Other than that, my cousin comes into town tonight. He has a conference here but I'll get to spend a little time with him before and after. Yay! I'm thinking we might go out for some good southern BBQ tonight for dinner. Depends what time his flight gets in.

1 comment:

Elephant Steps said...

OMG my parents had that tupperware, when I was a little girl. I so forgot about it!! MP is great isn't he! I've been watching A LOT of the olympics.
Can you update your side bar with this new blog? I started a new blog today because there is stuff I didn't feel I could talk about on the old blog! :)

-Sarah