8.30.2008

And it's only 12:30

I feel like it should be 5:00 I've already gotten so much done! Which is good :)

I woke up at 6:40 this morning to meet Lily for a bike ride. She's moving to DC on Wed so this was our last chance to get in a morning ride together. She's been my best friend here in Charlotte so I'm sad to see her go but excited for her! The ride was great... other than a small turtle snafu. We passed a turtle in the middle of the road and decided we should rescue him. So we turned around. And Lily was about to walk into the street to pick the little guy up when this HUGE SUV came zooming down the street and ran RIGHT over mr. turtle. It was so loud..... it was really terrible. And we were RIGHT there. We both screamed and a bunch of people came over from their backyard because they thought a person was hurt. Woops! But poor Mr Turtle! We were so close.... it was sad. But other than that the ride was great.

There's an Earth Fare right near where we rode so I stopped there on my way home to get some yummies. Earth Fare is the local version of Whole Foods down here. We don't have Whole Foods. It's tragic. And Earth Fare is the only place that carries my Cindy's fat free balsamic dressing so I got TWO bottles!! I'm so excited. I've been out for months. I also got a few other yummies included two boxes of fancy tea, some fruit leather, milk, and uhm a box of chocolte mint cookies (think thin mints...). BUT they are 3 points for 4 cookies and are in the freezer. I will be good. I will not eat more than a serving. Promise.

After Earth Fare I got home, swapped out my spandex for some mesh shorts and was off to do yard work. I trimmed the rose bushes (all the rian we had this week had them growing out of control!) and then mowed the lawn. Holy hell it's hot out there. I was literally DRIPPING sweat. Sexy. Totally sexy. Not to worry I just showered... and it's STILL not even 1pm! I love it!

I've decided to take an impromtu trip to MD this weekend. My friend is having a BBQ and friends who live in AZ will be there, as well as my brother. So I figured it was as good a reason as any to venture north for a bit. I decided this yesterday around 5pm. I have a little goodbye dinner with Lily tonight and then will head NORTH of the Mason Dixon tomorrow morning around 5:30am. I know, I'm totally insane traveling on Labor Day weekend. But sometimes you just gotta be spontaneous. So I'm going for it.

Here's what's left on my to do list for today:

- blow dry hair (yes it happens so rare that I can put in on a to do list)
- go to Target
- maybe stop at Petsmart since its right next door
- pack (this includes packing clothes, puppy stuff [food, toys, crate, etc], and car snacks. HEALTHY ones. I will NOT do fast food tomorrow. I will eat enough crap at the BBQ)
- do 2 loads of laundry
- clean out car
- hit up the ABC store to see if they have Firefly vodka (though everywhere is always out)
- dinner with Lily
- BEDTIME

Ok... off to get that done!

Happy Labor Day everyone

2 comments:

Elephant Steps said...

Wow you have been busy today. OMG how awful about the turtle. I can't even image seeing that!! Poor guy!!

Juice said...

Hope you enjoyed your trip! BTW, Maryland is south of the Mason Dixon line. The M-D line is the northern border with Pennsylvania. Didn't want you to think you were mingling with yankees or anything!