8.28.2008

Back on the Wagon... hopefully

I've been having a rough few weeks WW wise. I just can't seem to get into a rhythm or routine. Maybe it's because I'm sort of PMSing? Who knows. But...I FINALLY had a good day yesterday. And that was WITH the temptation of a Panera boxed lunch containing 1/2 sandwich, 1/2 salad, CHIPS and a COOKIE. What did I do? I planned accordingly. I took the salad and ONLY the salad out of the box and left the rest in the kitchen. I brought my own FF dressing, soup and a light english muffin as well. I did eat 1/4 of someone else's cookie, but I still think I did pretty well considering the temptations! And after that?I went to the gym and ran a mile and did the bike for 25 minutes on a hard hill setting. Once I got home I walked in the door and Kristine was about to take Milo for a walk so I grabbed Maddies leash and we went for a 40 minute walk with lots of hills! I got home, showered and made an 8 point dinner. Granted I still went over my 22 points for the day but not by much! And if I count my APs it all evens out. So I feel like I'm getting back on track... hopefully!

Today's plan. Gym straight from work. Shower at the gym. Then go straight to Henry's to babysit. Kristine will be home tonight so she'll hang out with Maddie so I don't have to go home and let her out or anything. SUCH a treat! If I had to go home I wouldn't be able to go to the gym. I also need to go get passport photos taken at my lunch because it expired in May. UGH! So annoying. 75 bucks to renew. What the heck? Oh well at least I checked in time to get it done before I leave for Mexico in Nov.

In other news I broke down and bought Maddie a prong training collar.
It looks like some sort of medieval torture device. But she was pulling so much and the harness wasn't doing anything. It got to the point where walking here was just so exhausting because she'd pull and clearly shes stronger than I am. Everyone assures me that it's just a little pinch when she pulls so that she learns to stop -- that it's not inhumane or anything. And I have to say that she's not been pulling at all since I bought it! And she still seems to be enjoying our walks.

And while we were at Petsmart I let Maddie pick out a toy. She got a stuffed frog... that ribbits. It's quite annoying but she loves it and takes it with her everywhere.

Between her frog and bone the pup is in heaven!

Ok, today's menu...

Bfast:
steamer - 2
pumpkin waffles - 3 (they're back!!)

Lunch:
butternut squash soup from the freezer - 2
light EM w/ pb and 1/2 banana - 4

Snacks:
fruit salad - 1
clems - 0.5
chewy pumpkin bar - 3

Dinner:
no idea -- whatever Mr. Henry is having!

I should be able to get in a good 40 min at the gym so I'll have some APs as well.

1 comment:

SeaShore said...

I would really encourage you to find a local dog training facility that offers courses specifically for teaching your dog to walk without pulling. You could also try a Halti Headcollar or Gentle Leader headcollar, if you haven't already.