8.30.2008

I am on animal planet?

Or maybe I should say reptile planet...

First there was the turtle incident on my bike ride this morning. Then I just got home from running some errands... and there was a LIZARD in my kitchen!!!! Holy shit. I guess I do really live in the south. I opened the door and it ran across the kitchen floor. I'll admit it. I screamed a little. And then stood there. Staring at it. While it was staring at me. My camera was right there... so I snapped a picture (I'll be sure to upload on Tues when I'm back at work), and then I called my dad. And was squealing asking what to do. He told me to unleash Maddie on the poor little lizard. So I went upstairs. Let Maddie out of her crate and she barreled down the stairs on a mission. But apparently that mission had NOTHING to do with the lizard. She ran all over the kitchen, living room... just chasing her ball. Totally unaware that there was a 4 inch lizard in the corner. That I kept staring at.

So I got brave. And stupid. I threw a tennis ball at it. I hoped it would run TOWARDS the door, but of course it ran AWAY from the door. It ran right by Maddie.... (still oblivious) into the pantry!!!! Crap!

So I stood there for a while. I was going to get the broom to try to shoe it out the door, but now it was with the broom in the pantry! Heaven almighty.

The door to the pantry was closed. So it must have just scurried under it. I was scared to open the door. But after about 10 minutes I did. But first I knocked on the door, I didn't want to shock the little bugger. I don't like it when lizards make sudden movements in my house. So I knocked, opened the door... nothing. I banged on all of the walls. Still nothing. I got a flashlight and shone it around. Nothing. Looked back behind the hot water heater (I know, it's randomly placed in the pantry). Still nothing!

And so... I have NO idea where the stinkin lizard is. But I can only assume it's still somewhere in my house. I'm hoping it stays in hiding until 5:30 tomorrow morning when I leave town. And then that it promptly comes out when my roommate gets home sometime tomorrow afternoon. Is that evil of me? Yes. Do I care? No. Her dog might actually do something about the little critter.

2 comments:

SeaShore said...

I would freak! Hopefully the lizard leaves by the same way that he got in and doesn't come back. After seeing/hearing the dog run around, it likely won't come back.

Caroline said...

Can I just say that I LOVE the fact that you knocked on the pantry door before you opened it. Hilarious!!!