I haven't posted in a week... probably because I've been ignoring the whole 'commitment' post I last wrote. I went home this weekend (to get some goodies for the soon to be new house more on that later), which meant 17 hours in the car by myself.... lots of junk food. While I was home I didnt do all that well either.... lots of home cooked meals and party food.
Now I'm back home and I should be getting back on track, but with the move 6 days away I've refused to go to the store. It's time to start eating stuff in the freezer and using up what we have. I've also been having a bit of a love affair with The Waffle House. I'd never been, and mentioned that to Ar Mon night when we drove past one and she quickly did a U-turn and pulled in. I fell in love. Cheap and delicious. We ate dinner there last night too. This has to stop.
So I realize that the next week or two I probably won't lose a lot of weight. I'm going to be realitic about the move and the fact that we'll be eating out a bit more as the kitchen is pretty packed up. So my goal is to maintain through the move, then get RIGHT back on track starting August 4. Thats also the week I'll start following the 8 week training schedule for the MS 150. I think the new house will be a good jump start to get me back on track. Start from scratch all of that good stuff.
As for going home this past weekend -- I drove up on Fri night after work. Got in around 1:15a. Was up Sat morning to go for a bike ride with my aunt and then had a day of family fun ahead of me. My cousins who's stationed (in the Marines) in Cali was home for a bit as he's being deployed (AGAIN -- this is the 3rd time) in the beginning of August. It worked out well as I got to see him and got some goodies that my dad had for the house. Including a Weber Grill (its used, but my dad cleaned it up all nice and got a new lid for it so it looks brand new!), weed whacker and a lawn mower! Now we've got the back yard covered :) It was great to be home, but I'm still recouping from the drive to and from and trying to pack and all of that goodness.
So I might be a little MIA over the next week or so. But I'm going to do my best. We make settlement and move in on Tuesday (July 31) so hopefully by next weekend I'll be back to normal!
7.25.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It's perfectly understandable for you to be MIA while you're moving. That's a major deal there. I think it will really help you though. You'll be ready for some major good habits by the time you finish!
Have a great move!
Well who the hell could blame you for not wanting to be all hardcore committed when you have all this going on? Back on track in August is a great plan.
Good luck with the move!
I hope you move goes easy. Don't try to stress too much about it.
Best of luck w/ the move. Post pics of the house all done up (after you get rid of the box collection!)
Baby steps chica, baby steps.
Pick one little goal for the day.
Maybe no danish w/ morning coffee break or something.
It all adds up.
Says the gal who just ate smarties and wonders why the scale doesn't move...down!!
Happy packing!
Post a Comment