7.16.2007

Commitment

I keep giving myself excuses so that I dont have to commit to this whole weight loss thing. But it really is a commitment. All last week I was stressed about house stuff, so I didnt work out, and I ate pretty poorly. Well that just ADDS to my stress. When will I learn?

I woke up today and decided I'm going to commit to a week of healthy eating and working out. I need to do this in baby steps, so I'll work hard this week and then recommit next week! Or something like that, I really haven't figured it all out yet. haha.

But I packed a healthy lunch and breakfast for today, and have a bag all set for the gym.

As for the house -- we have come to an agreement on price and will hopefully have the inspection scheduled for tomorrow or Wednesday. If all goes smoothly we'll make settlement the morning of July 31 and then rush around like mad to get everything moved that day as well (we have to be out of our apt by midnight). But I'm really excited about the house!

Ok menu time...

Bfast:
Canyon Ranch banana muffin - 3

Snack:
grapes - 1

Lunch:
Veggie burger, lite bun, tomato, cheese, avocado - 5
Stacey's Simply Naked Pita Chips - 2

Snack:
Vitamuffin - 1
apple - 1

Dinner:
Chicken and stuffing - 9
Some sort of green veggie - 0

Total Points: 22
APs: 2 (treadmill at the gym)
Flex Used: 0 out of 17

I think I'll allow myself a 2 point snack after dinner as well.... as long as I dont use any flexies I'll be happy!

10 comments:

Martalu said...

I'm glad you all agreed on a price! Yay!

I know what you mean about baby steps. I'm with you on that one! I had a hellacious weekend when it came to food and beer, so I'm recommitting also.

Anne said...

Yeah on the house! You can totally do this. What's a week right?!

Tigerlilly said...

What an adorable house!! We are in the middle of selling our house... moving into a rental and buying a new house all at the same time.. so I TOTALLY know where your coming from. If I wasn't a retired alcoholic I would have joined you with the rum!! LOL

As for the commitment issues... I deal with my commitment from day to day. Every morning I wake up and I promise myself that for today only I will stick to my diet, get some kind of exercise in, and will drink all the water I can get in me! I'll worry about tomorrow... well, tomorrow!!

Good luck.. stay strong

Critter said...

We all have struggles. WTG on getting back on track and not letting a bad week turn into a bad month.

Living to Feel Good said...

You can totally do it this week! Baby steps indeed!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hello! I think I clicked over from Anne's blog? Anyhoo, yes, the house hunting/buying can be very stressful but SO worth it! Hang in there!

Cory said...

We all have those times when we have trouble. Just keep going and you'll be fine. I know you can do this!!!!

Paige said...

Hi Jeannie
I don't seem to want to learn this lesson either! I totally find any excuse to pig out, bored, on vacation, feeling sorry for myself, stressed out...whatever! Then I feel like crap after and find my pants are too tight. I too have recommitted this morning though. Time to break this crazy cycle. We can do it sista! We deserve to be healthy and look great

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Small, manageable steps sounds like a great idea to me! Keep it up, and good luck on your week of commitment!

Krissie said...

Where are you?
I miss you!