4.13.2007

Getting Back to my Roots

I've recently stopped counting points. I decided to try tracking calories and all of that (using sparkpeople). But that doesnt seem to be the way to go for me. So I'm going back to the very beginning.

I bought a notebook that fits in my purse. I will use this to track points. Im pretty good at figuring out how many points something will be from the nutritional info -- but if not I'm going to throw a points calculator in there too. This way I have no excuses. I think I just need to get back to something strict that I know works. Its a simple formula -- if I follow it I will have success. So here goes!

Todays menu (ww style) is...

Breakfast:
Puffins w/ milk - 1.5
Muffin (got the recipe from Anne -- they are AMAZING! but mine come out to 2 points... its a long story) - 2
Cadburry Thin - 2 (Lola - can you believe I still had one? But now they are all gone. So sad. But THANK YOU for sending them to me. You Canadians have all the Cadbury goodies!)

Lunch:
Salad with lots of freebies and a little cheese, bacon bits and crasins - 2
Basil Turkey Chili - 4.5
Saltines - 2

Snacks:
Apple - 1
Banana - 2
Fiber One bar - 2

Dinner:
Faux Grilled cheese on light bread - 4
Light Potato chips - 1.5
Strawberries - .5

Snacks:
Brownie Muffin (recipe to follow) with coolwhip and berries - 3

Total Points: 28
APs: 1
Flex Used: 3

Tomorrow morning is weigh in -- but I might reschedule til Sunday. I have to be out the door by 8:30 tomorrow and I'm generally a bit fuzzy at that hour (yes, thats what time I get to work -- the first hour I'm here is a bit of a blur heehee), and Sunday I can sleep in until 9:30. So I'll let you know how weigh in goes on Sunday!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

4 comments:

Fatinah said...

keeping the points calculator and a notebook in your purse is a great idea. You'll see the payoff in no time!

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Let me know if you want more Thins!

My mom and husband took the little cupcake packages and ate.them.all.
I got 1 of each and that was it :(

Have a great day! It's been a hectic saturday at the store and I am whipped! If only our weather was nicer so I could ride. Feel free to send me some sun and warmth.

Living to Feel Good said...

Good for you for trying calories, and then going back to points. You don't know what work for you until you try!

Carolyn said...

Good luck on the WI!
and good for you for realizing that you need to count points. I have tried to get off points and just watch what I eat but I realize that I need structure. I just can't do it on my own!
Hope you have a great week!