Other than the flour less chocolate cake that I had for breakfast (someone at work made it and brought it in -- HEAVEN) I am back on track today. And I dare say I've gotten in a bunch of veggies as I had veggie soup and a salad for lunch. Go me!
One thing I really want to work on the rest of this month (other than my previously set goals) is to get back to exercising regularly. I cant remember the last time I put on a sports bra... and thats just not ok! So tomorrow the weather is supposed to be warmer (windy, but in the low 70s), so I'm going to bring stuff to work and do a little walk/run around the lake after work. Then head to the Y to meet up with a friend for a yoga class. I just need to get my body moving again. I feel so much better when I'm working out on a regular basis.
And there's talk of possibly doing a 5k (I'll most likely just walk it though) in the beginning of May. Two of my friends are doing it, and my parents will be in town that weekend so I've emailed my mom to see if shes interested in doing it. If she is then I'll sign us both up. And if she isnt, then I'll just look for one later in the summer to do.
A quick shout out to the A-Team (Carrie, Michelle and Robyn) who have been awesome team mates this month! Go say hi and cheer them on :)
Oh -- and heres my menu so far for today. Not sure what else I'll be having with my faux grilled cheese and light chips for dinner. I have ceramics tonight and will not come home and have a late night eating fest like last week. I figure if need be I'll have some strawberries with cool whip or something like that -- as eating dinner at 5 and not again until 8am will be a bit rough. So I'm going to allow a healthy snack :)
(click to make larger)


8 comments:
you should totally sign-up for the 5K, - i'm doing one in june and just started training last night (but started couch to 5K two weeks ago)... and even if you don't jog the thing - walking is great too, just doing it will be great experience... :o)
don't worry about the gain - its been a bad week for a lot of us... maybe by saturday it will be gone anyway so don't let it get you down... :o)
oh man lady...i'm so there with you!!!
after 3 weeks of not working out, i'm ready to get back on the cardio wagon
::keep thinking positively::
keep up the great work!
Great job on the veggies!! Working out will definitely help, then if you eat something you shouldn't have you can sort of write it off if you burned a lot of calories at a work out. you need to get back on your bike! You were lovin it when you were doing it a few weeks back...now get back to it!! Keep it up...2.5 days and you can make it better before then!!
Now that it is slowly getting warmer I will be joining you in more exercise and boy to I miss taking a yoga class - oh well once we have more money in the pocket I will be back at the gym. Good Luck with the 5K, just do a run/walk. Run what you can and walk what you can!
Good job on getting more veggies in. That chocolate cake you had sounds so yummy, now I am craving chocolate cake!
I think signing up for a 5K is a great idea, I've actually been toying around with the idea myself but I think I should just go ahead and do it. Good luck and keep up the great work!
YOu should definitely do the 5K, what a great workout and lots of exercise! Im another one who has been toying with the idea of a 5K I think I will definitely do it maybe this summer!
I agree you should sign up for the 5K - a great way of exercising!
I love your "food diary" I always have a nosey to see what you are having! I wish I was as organised as you - I never plan anything.
Well done too on not having too much chocolate or goodies over easter! I know the temptation is overpowering!
Hi! How do you post your Sparkpeople food log? I want to add mine to my blog, but can't decide the best way to add it and I like the way you have yours posted. Please email me at lifeandinbetweens @ gmail.com
Thanks!
Post a Comment