1.01.2009

Starting 09 with a bang!

It's 2009! My New Years Eve wasn't very different from my last few :) At the stroke of midnight I was in bed heehee. I've never been much of a New Years Eve kinda girl. I drove from MD to Charlotte yesterday. Then unpacked the car (which was loaded since I was home for a week and had some Christmas loot). By the time I finished up that it was 8pm so I made dinner, and just hung out with the pup. I wasn't feeling 100% and had a horrible headache (I seriously think it was from sugar withdraw!!!!) so I took some Tylenol PM. I fell asleep around 12.30, got up at 8 to let Maddie out and feed her and then went back to sleep till ELEVEN!!!!! I can't remember the last time I did that. What a way to start off the New Year! It was awesome.. though I felt like a bum haha.

I got up, had some cereal, took a shower and was off to get setuff done. I hit up the mall and got some Wallflowers at Bath & Body Works (they were on sale for 5 bucks!), got a new shower curtain liner at Bed Bath & Beyond and then returned a sweater at Old Navy and got a cute little wrap on sale. Score!! After that I went to the grocery store where it was TRIPLE COUPONS! My fave time of year. I save 59 dollars. And am now stocked up with HEALTHY food to eat!

I also took down the Christmas decorations (bye bye Christmas), cleaned a bit, and tracked my points. For the first time since Thanksgiving probably I tracked everything! While I pretty much stayed within my points (had 25 and I get 23) I didn't make the best choices. But I'm just happy I tracked at all. I'm determined to get right back on track. I was at 181 when I stepped on the scale today and that is unacceptable. But I actually thought it would have been higher after being home for so long, and I had a good holiday. I'm not going to waste time being annoyed by a number on the scale.

I have to work tomorrow which is just funny since I've been off for 10 days and I have to go in on a Friday. I keep thinking today is Sunday so that will be a real treat tomorrow when it's FRIDAY and not Monday :)

Here's my menu from today:

Bfast:
Fiber One Honey Clusters w/ milk - 3

Snack:
home made trail mix - 4

Lunch:
Auntie Annes pretzel at the mall - 7 (I didn't feel like waiting 10 minutes for one without butter which would have been 5 points)

Snack:
2 pieces of chocolate - 2

Dinner:
some Veggie risotto - 3
bowl of chex (random I know) - 4

Snack:
PB ball - 2

Like I said, bad choices but it's a start!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a GREAT shopping day! TRIPLE coupons?? I'm so jealous! We only have double coupons on Wednesdays and they'll only double up to $5, so it so sucks next to yours! lol

GREAT job tracking points today!