10.11.2008

New Start

I started this morning by hopping on the scale (it's how I start most Saturdays). I stayed the same. Eh, not a loss but not a gain either. And I deserved a gain so I'm not going to complain.

BUT after that I packed some food, loaded up the car and drove up to Lake Norman for Trek's Breast Cancer Awareness Ride. There weren't too many people but it was really fun (and hilly). Ar was working the ride so she stayed in the back with me... in the VERY back with me. But you know what? I'm ok with being the slowest. Because at least I'm out there. And I'm slowly getting better. Also, I got a cool brown and pink trek breast cancer shirt and an AWESOME pink Timex iPod watch in the drawing. Not to mention a few APs.

After that we went back to Ar's shop which I hadn't been to yet and I bought some new sneakers and a new pair of riding glasses (apparently the other ones made me look like a schmuck! ha) I'm super excited for boot camp on Monday just so I can wear my shoes.


We had lunch which was not healthy -- burger and fries... and I lost my wallet along the way somewhere. It only had my debit card and license in it so I canceled my debit card (I'll get a new on in 5-7 business days) and have my old license with my old address that I'll use for now. I figure maybe some good samaritan will find my wallet and mail it to me? I just don't want to shell out the 10 bucks for a new license unless I really have to. More just frustrating other than anything else.

Eating has been less than stellar today, but I'm counting it all and should still be ok. I think my problem recently has been that I keep thinking its all or nothing. That when I get back on track I won't be able to have a treat here or there. But we all know that's not the case. I just need to wrap my head around the fact that I can have ONE cookie from time to time. I don't need 6!!! And I don't need them everyday!

So... here are the goals for this week:
  1. Get to boot camp at least 4 times (starting Thurs my work schedge is out of control so hopefully I can figure it out for Thurs and Fri)
  2. Track everything... over points or not. Write it down for the love of God!
  3. Get in all my water
  4. Get in all my veggies
That's it. That's all I'm going to work on. Baby steps :) I didn't do any of that today though.

Menu:

Bfast:
protein shake pre ride - 3

Snack after ride:
1/2 pb sammy - 3
A few triscuits - 1

Lunch:
Cheeseburger and fries - 15

Dinner:
2 eggo waffles - 2

Baking fiasco:
2 cookies - 5
1 mini brownie - 2

APs: 5 (maybe more, but 5 is plenty)
Total: 32-5=27
Flex Used: 3/35

Doable!

Now back to watching ABC Family. I just finished watching Raise Youre Voice and next up is Princess Diaries. I love this cheesy teeny bopper movies. Speaking of... is it wrong that I totally want to see High School Musical 3 in the theater? I was actually considering driving to MD to go see it with my friend and her 6 year old. NOT ok!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I want to start getting shirts in events! :D

K-Pow said...

If it makes you feel any better I was in the same spot as you were this week. I thought I actually deserved a gain but was shocked to see I stayed the same.

Let's put on our big girl panties and do this thing!!!

You in?????