Did anyone else used to watch that show? Picture Pages with Bill Cosby? I just remembered it out of the blue when I was typing the word picture. Anyway -- i found it on youtube!!!
Other than it being a fond memory (I loved the theme song -- "time to get your crayons and your pencils!"), it really has nothing to do with this post.
Last night was perfect. It of course started storming again right around 5, which meant I wouldn't be able to swim, but I did go straight to the gym. I hadn't really worked out there in a while (with the exception of workouts with TB) and I was fired up to make it a good one. I ran 2 miles and it was my best time! Took me 26 minutes exactly -- which I realize still isn't that fast, but it is for me! And I'd never done more than 20 min straight running on the treadmill, so there was all sorts of awesomeness going on.
After my run I got home and got to work in the kitchen. I made both of Kath's granola recipes, and also whipped up some BBQ Sloppy Joes for dinner. Delish!
I'm not 100% sold on the Coconut Almond granola, but I think some of it might have to do with the fact that I used half steel cut oats which are a bit chewier. But I'll let you know after I have breakfast today! I do think the Baked Oatmeal Snack Bars will be a hit. I added in some coconut and a few chocolate chips -- so whats not to love there? I do wish I had dried cranberries instead of raisins though.
I took the pup for a quick walk while the rain stopped for a few minutes. She was being such a pri-madonna not wanting to walk through any puddles. It was a riot. She'd either leap over them, or run around them. But of course she's got NO trouble digging in the mud for hours.
I also picked the ONE ripe cherry tomato and ate it! It was delicious!!!! I just hope that I get a few more, and maybe more than 1 at a time -- but either way I was so excited to eat something I grew.
7.10.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Oh my word yes....Picture Pages!!! I loved that segment. And you are right, the theme song totally sticks with you!
You are too darn cute Miss Jeannie!! Some random thoughts after reading your blog ... I don't remember Picture Pages (what's wrong with me?), Maddie is adorable, I have the same table runner as you, and your little grape tomato is too precious! LOL
xo
Michelle
Post a Comment