7.06.2008

Photo post coming!

I was sitting here eating dinner and looking at my burger thinking how great it looked. So (after I ate half of it) I ran upstairs and got my camera. I then snapped some photos of a bunch of random things ... only to realize I don't have the cord at home to upload them! Silly... it's at work. So you'll have to wait til tomorrow for pictures of my burger, veggie garden, new favorite beverage, and the pup. But it will be something exciting for a Monday. Yes!

My long weekend was super relaxing. I hit up the pool on the 4th, then went to a BBQ in South Carolina. It was... interesting... but still really fun. Let's just say I showed up with a dessert in hand, and everyone else showed up with a bottle of hard liquor. Yikes! I wasn't drinking as I had to drive home but it got pretty crazy and I was quite entertained. Good times with my red neck friends south of the border.

Saturday I went to my weight watchers meeting. I was up 0.6, which is to be expected. I had my period and I've had a bunch of losses. I'm fine with a small gain... let's just keep it at that and get back to moving downward!! After that I was hoping to get to the pool but the weather disagreed with my ideas so I did some work around the house. Had a BBQ in the afternoon. This one was the polar opposite from Fridays. All the men there were either lawyers or doctors. All the women there were stay at home moms. And everyone brought at least TWO kids with them. There was one other guy there who didnt come towing wife and children with him so that was nice. I think the oldest child there was 3.5 so I was sure to get all of them wound up. We played and had tons of fun. Then I let them go home with their parents all hopped up on sugar. It was perfect. The food was out of control. I ate a bit too much, but just had one beer and tried to fill up on water.

This morning I got up early and was hoping to ride... but it was thunderstorming. So I made blueberry pancakes instead and read my book. It was a relaxing morning. I then went bowling with people from work. What a hoot. I'm SO close to breaking 100 (and yes I know that's horribly sad) but didn't get there yet. Had a 99 and a 98. And well a 63 HA! I'm not the best bowler but the 5 of us had a great time.

I attempted to go to the pool. I got all changed, lubed up with lotion, got my towel out, sat down on my chair, took out my book... and bam. Huge thunderstorm. Oh well such is life. I packed up and came home. And have been being SUPER lazy ever since. Though I have done a few loads of landry.

Whew.. that was WAY more information than any of you wanted to know huh? That's what a 3 day weekend will do to me!

Until tomorrow's picture fest.....

2 comments:

Martalu said...

Sounds like your weekend pretty much kicked major butt, despite the rain. Or maybe because of it?

Hooray for Monday morning pics!

Little Things said...

What a busy weekend!! I can't wait for the photo update tomorrow!