7.31.2008

Lots to Discuss

Let's do it bullet style shall we?
  • The tri is SO SOON!!! My bags are packed and I'm hoppin in the car to drive to Philly first thing tomorrow morning. IM SO SCARED!!!!
  • Eating has been bad, but small portions so that's good. I need to get back to fruits and veggies and not eating out so much!
  • There's a really bad TStorm right now, I LOVE Tstorms at work
  • Went on date #3 with Brooklyn Boy last night. Aside from the baggage (and don't we all have a bit of baggage?) he's totally awesome. So I'm just having fun with it.
  • Speaking of boys -- I've got Trainer Boy tonight after work. We will be doing a whole bunch of nothing since the tri is in 3 days and I'd like to be able to walk and function.
  • I think that's about it for the bullets
A friend of mine sent me this today and we had some fun with it. It's a Mad Libs about body image!! So fun. Here's the blank template:

If I woke up one morning suddenly adoring my body, the first thing I'd do is [something you would like to accomplish] . I'd allow myself to eat [favorite indulgent food] when I felt like it because I'd know that moderation, not deprivation or overindulgence, is the healthiest way to go. I'd exercise to have fun and keep my body healthy, (rather than lose five more pounds, or to work off last night's dessert, or this morning's binge), so I'd stop [dreaded exercise ending in "ing"] and [favorite heart-pumping activity] instead. I'd finally be fearless enough to [something you are afraid to do], and I wouldn't feel self-conscious or bad about it, and anyone who would look down on me is just a/an [insulting name] anyway. When I get home, a romp between the sheets would be [glowing adjective] because I wouldn't be bashful about ripping off my clothes. Hell, I bet it would be better than that scene in [steamiest movie you've ever seen]. Afterwards, I'd burn all of my [clothing you wear on ugly/fat days] and wear [clothing/outfit you long to wear] and sexy shoes to [favorite nightspot]. I'd go to [famous person] 's house without even looking in the mirror! I'd even do / go[Saturday errand] without a shred of self-consciousness. Or I'd go out to a party and spend more time [action verb ending in "ing"] than obsessing about the party food or clinging to the wall feeling insecure. In fact, if I focused more on my body's_awe-inspiring ability to [personal physical accomplishment] rather than on how I look, I'd probably start calling myself [nickname for a superhero of your own gender] . Plus, with all the money I'd save not buying [regrettable weight-loss purchase], I'd have extra cash to put toward [big dream in need of funding]. One thing is for sure: I wouldn't give a hoot if my [body part] started to sag, because I would be too busy toasting my [personal strength]!

And here's how I filled it in:
If I woke up one morning suddenly adoring my body, the first thing I'd do is strut around the house in a bikini . I'd allow myself to eat cookie dough and anything else sweet/chocolate when I felt like it because I'd know that moderation, not deprivation or overindulgence, is the healthiest way to go. I'd exercise to have fun and keep my body healthy, (rather than lose five more pounds, or to work off last night's dessert, or this morning's binge), so I'd stop the elliptical and have a dance party instead. I'd finally be fearless enough to walk right out the door in said bikini, and I wouldn't feel self-conscious or bad about it, and anyone who would look down on me is just a/an ASS anyway. When I get home, a romp between the sheets would be random (?!) because I wouldn't be bashful about ripping off my clothes. Hell, I bet it would be better than that scene in Top Gun (HA!!!). Afterwards, I'd burn all of my pants with elastic wasits and wear a tiny, sexy black dress and sexy shoes to some super cool night spot (I don't really have a favorite). I'd go to Ani DiFranco 's house without even looking in the mirror! I'd even mow the lawn and do yardwork without a shred of self-consciousness. Or I'd go out to a party and spend more time whopping it up (yes, that's right) than obsessing about the party food or clinging to the wall feeling insecure. In fact, if I focused more on my body's_awe-inspiring ability to complete a triathlon (I HOPE) rather than on how I look, I'd probably start calling myself she-fuking-ra. Plus, with all the money I'd save not buying weightwatchers monthly passes, I'd have extra cash to put toward a fun spa trip with the girls. One thing is for sure: I wouldn't give a hoot if my tits started to sag, because I would be too busy toasting my totally jacked arms!

If you fill it out and do it post a comment so I can read it!!

1 comment:

SeaShore said...

Good luck on the tri!