3.31.2008

Monday Blues

On Friday I was on top of the world. It was sunny, a high of 80 degrees and of course the fact that it was Friday didn't hurt. But today is Monday. The high for today is supposed to be 51 (though I have a feeling we won't make it out of the 40s) and it's raining. Funny how much the weather affects my mood. I'm just BLAH!

The weekend was nice and relaxed. Saturday morning Ar and I got up at 7:30 and took the dogs to a local trail to let them run. Here are some pictures....






When we got home I went to my WW meeting and then Ar and I did a little shopping at Target. I skipped the gym for a number of reasons. One of them being I'd worked out 5 days in a row. By the time we got back from Target it started raining and gold cold, so I was glad we got up early and enjoyed the nice part of the day!

Yesterday Ar and I went to brunch at a friends house. I ate a little more than I should have, but nothing horrible. I figure I used a lot of my flex points over the weekend and probably have about 13 left for the week. I'm ok with that. I'll get right back on track today!

In other news -- MY BIKE HAS WHEELS!! I can't wait to ride. Hopefully it will be nice enough one day this week to get out before or after work. Even if it's just for 6 miles or so. Though there's rain in the forecast everyday. Argh! And I'm out of town this weekend (which is another story for another time). But thanks to Ar for putting up with my complaining and for getting my bike ready for riding season :)

The plan for today is simple. Get through work, ignore the cold and rain, head to the gym to start week 2 of the couch to 5k podcast, go home and have a yummy dinner and STAY AWAY FROM SUGARY STUFF!

Menu:

Breakfast:
milk w/ 1.5 tbsp ovaltine - 2.5
pumpkin waffles return!! - 3

Lunch:
turkey and cheese sammy on TJs high fiber bread w/ tomato and pickles - 5
fat free pringles - 1

Snacks:
yogurt - 2
vitamuffin - 1

Dinner: Burgers!
5 oz lean burger - 4.5
light english muffin - 1
tomato, pickle and other freebies - 0
cheese - 1
asparagus - 0

Snack:
fruit - 1

And TONS of water!!!!

2 comments:

Martalu said...

Your bike has wheels!!!! Hooray! I'm supposed to get my bike out of the shop tomorrow after it being there a WHOLE WEEK, so I know exactly what you were going through!

I'm glad y'all got out there. What an awesome park! And the doggies are so grown up now!

Caroline said...

It's it amazing how your mood can change so fast, and all because of the weather??? I couldn't believe how absolutely gorgeous it was outside on Friday and then cold and miserable for the next 3 days. This afternoon has gotten better here and I think tomorrow is supposed to be nice, then we're back in the rain. I know we need it and everything, but boo. And happy birthday!!!