It's that time of year again... the time where those of us who work in public broadcasting beg for money. It's also the time where there is an obscene amount of food here at work. Between now and next Thursday I'll probably work about 75 hours. And breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks will be served. Todays lunch is burgers and hotdogs from Bad Dog. They sent over every topping under the sun:
FIVE kinds of cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, a huge thing of bacon crisp strips, BBQ sauce, honey mustard, ranch dressing, coleslaw, hot sauce, teryaki sauce, four kinds of mustard, chili, pickles... the list goes on and on. I ran out of room on the counter! And then pasta salad, potato salad and chips.
But I brought a yummy salad -- I refuse to gain weight during this drive!!! I passed on bagels this morning for breakfast and will pass on the burger extravaganza. I also have a little piece of leftover homemade pizza from Friday. I figure it's going to go bad soon if it hasn't already so I should eat it. YUM!!!
Dinner tonight is from Duke Mansion. It's a nice B&B here, and I'll partake in that because its always quite decadent (and somewhat healthy)!
I've been at work since 6:30 and will be here til about 6:30... when I'll rush over to the gym and work out with Trainer Boy. I hope I'm still standing by the time I'm done with this day! Ha!
If I'm MIA for a bit, I'll be back after the drive is over. But not to worry I'll be chugging water and packing healthy snacks as best I can. And I won't miss my WW meeting on Sat either. I refuse!!
3.13.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Do you work for an NPR affiliate?
I just donated a few weeks ago to my favorite public radio station in Seattle. Best of luck to your station and with all of the treats!
I usually stream KEXP from Seattle in the mornings. John in the morning has an awesome show and because of the time change it is on from 8 AM-noon, which is perfect for me :)
I group up listening to NPR. My parents piped it through the intercom system in the house when I was growing up. We lived in Charleston, WV and I have been to a handful of Mountain Stage tapings. It is one of my favorite things ever!
Post a Comment