2.05.2008

Banana Oat Muffins

I love these. 2 points for a muffin? I'm in! They are a TAD dry, but I still think they're worth it.

Servings: 12
Points: 2
Ingredients:
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 egg whites (slightly beaten)
1 egg (slightly beaten)
3 tsp unsweetened applesauce
2 1/2 ripe large bananas
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
In large bowl, stir together dry ingredients (flour through baking soda). Add applesauce and eggs, mix thoroughly.

In a small bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add bananas and oats to batter.

Spray pan with cooking spray or line with muffin papers. Pour batter and bake until top of muffins are firm to touch (about 25-30 minutes). Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
** You can also make bread -- let it bake for 50-60 minutes.

No comments: