1.15.2008

Who Needs Apple Pie??

Another great day is in my future! I can feel it. Yesterday I skipped the gym, but don't worry I only skipped the gym so I could go home and walk/run with the pups! I still haven't mastered a way to take both out at once (though both suggestions were great -- I'm looking into getting some sort of two-dog leash) so I took Maddie out for 25 minutes. Then I got home and Fiona was SO pumped to see me with the leash so I took her out for 7 minutes. Clearly she got the short end of the deal, but she doesn't really know that. I then made an awesome stirfry for dinner. Then got my meatloaf ready for tonight's dinner. Now I just need to cook it when I get home from work. I treated myself to home made smores for dessert as I had some points and my APs left to eat. And I didn't use ANY flex points. Yippee! So I'm still riding high off of yesterday.

It's going to be a crazy day as we have a wine and cheese tonight after work for our new board members. The wine isn't a temptation... it's the cheese, crackers and nuts that worry me. But I've already declined a McDonald's HOT apple pie. Even after a coworker tried to lure me to the kitchen to eat it. I did go to the kitchen, walked RIGHT by the mean old apple pie and fixed my breakfast. So bring it on wine and cheese.. or should I say crackers, nuts and cheese!

After the wine and cheese, I'm hoping to scoot out around 5:45 and head to the gym. Get in some strength training and elliptical time. Even if it's only 15 minutes on the elliptical (since I'm technically 'off' for my 5k training). Then home, to get the meatloaf in the oven and watch The Biggest Loser! See how great my day is going to be?

And I even got my period today, and I'm not letting that slow me down. I am armed with tons of advil for my cramps and backaches (got I love being a girl) and WILL work out. I will not let this get my off track. (Though it does explain the 40 points of chocolate and cake I ate on Saturday. Woops!)

Ok, menu for today!

Bfast:
Yo Plus van yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, fiber one - 2.5
Light Waffle - 1

Lunch:
leftover stirfry over couscous (Mmmm) - 4
live active cheese (it's ok, but not amazingly delicious) - 1
wheat thins - 2

Snacks:
100 calorie pop corn - 1
WW peanut butter bliss bar - 1
fruit leather - 1
Wine and cheese - I'll give myself 5 points

Dinner:
2 servings Meatloaf - 6
Sweet potato fries - 2

Snack:
Something for 2.5-3.5

I REALLY want to see 180-something on the scale Saturday. Even if it's 189.8 :) Though that does mean that I'll lose 1 point per day. Yikes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. It sounds like you're doing great! Don't you love that high when you're having a great day and your will power is strong. I'm just starting back on trying to lose weight after gaining around 40 pounds while in nursing school on top of all the other weight I needed to lose already. Keep up the good work!