6.08.2007

Chick-Fil-A, Houses, and a Vacation

Chick-fil-A for dinner last night. WOOPS! But I still did ok. I didnt really snack at work and didnt snack when I got home last night. And I just had a 4 piece nugget kids meal w/ their diet lemonade (so yummy). Could have been much worse. We went there after Ar and I looked at our first house!!!!!! We are both absolutely in LOVE with it (our pictures here). My mom, my aunt (whos a realtor) and our realtor (who had these funny looking suspenders on hahaha) have all encouraged us to look at a few more things just to make sure, but I have a feeling that we're going to want to make an offer on this one. Its got EVERYTHING we want, and its adorable. Not much we'd have to change at all.

So yes... thats why we had Chick-Fil-A for dinner.

Today I'm doing what I like to call Euro-Eating. When my cousin and I went to France (back in the day) we used to run to the gas station and get a baguette, some cheese and fruit and call it a meal. So today for lunch I have something kind of like that -- cheese and crackers and a HUGE fruit salad. YUM-O. So exciting. I might get some veggie soup at Panera to get in some veggies, we shall see.

In other news I didnt get up today OR yesterday to ride. Looks like Wednesday was just a freak of nature. And tomorrow Ar and I are heading up north for a while. (So if I'm MIA that would be why). So I'll be at my parents house and doing lots of friend/family visiting between Sat and Tuesday... which means probably not good eating. My old bike (Trek Hybrid) is still in my parents shed so I'm hoping to ride with my Aunt one day. We shall see! But when I get back, watch out I'm going to become a morning person. I'm determined!!! (At least I'm determined when its not the wee hours of the morning and I'm not snuggled up under the covers!)

In other exciting news while I'm home we'll be doing the great car swap where my brother gets my car (03 civic that has almost 100k miles on it -- but his is literally falling apart so hes pumped about it), I get my moms car (04 Honda Accord, fully loaded baby), and my mom is getting a new car, and donating my bros to charity to get the tax deduction for it. I'm not done paying off my car so my mom paid it off and I'm going to send my payments to her ever month. I do love my mom and dad :) And yes, I realize that I'm a bit spoiled. (I just hope I'm not too much of a spoiled brat! heehee)

Ok onto the menu...

Bfast:
vitamuffin and yogurt - 2

Lunch:
fruit salad - 2
crackers and cheese - 5

Snacks:
asian pear - 0
100 cal pack - 2
maybe something else -- not sure though

Dinner:
No idea. I have to clean out my car, pack, do laundry and get to bed EARLY so probably a pick up dinner using up the veggies in the fridge so they dont go bad!

11 comments:

Anne said...

Nice house, best of luck if you do put in an offer :)

We used to have bagetter and brie often for dinner....so good!

Cory said...

Definitely look at a few more houses. And don't let the people selling the house know JUST how much you want it. Gives you more power. :)
I hope you have a terrific trip home, and I can't wait to hear all about it. And congrats on the "new" car. That's cool!

Anonymous said...

Cute looking house!!! But yes, keep searching for a bit, just to make sure the prices etc. are in line, blah, blah, blah!

WTF is Chik-Fil-A?

Your the 3rd blogger to mention the past 2 days and I don't know what it is!

Krissie said...

I was given some great advice before we bought our current house: try very hard not to get emotionally attached. Houses are property. Sometimes they fall through, but there are many more houses out there.

That being said:
* I love the color of the exterior.
* Does the cat come with the house?
* Why are you scared of the bathroom?
*The yard looks awesome!
*The porch is incredibly cute.

Congrats on the car! I love trading up!

Have a great weekend!

Natalie C. said...

That house is really gorgeous. Yay! Celebrate! It doesn't sound like you overdid it at Chick Fil-A at all. If you come up with some strategies for dealing with food while you're visiting family, let me know. That is one thing I miss about weight watchers- strategy ideas for stuff like that. (That's probably why you were just fine dealing with the fast food.)

Critter said...

I think you faced the Chick-Fil-A monster and you won! A kids meal with diet lemonade doesn't sound bad at all. WTG!!

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

What a great house!!! Looks beautiful. And you make a really good choice at Chick-Fil-A, too!

Carrie said...

WOW...that is an amazing day...the house is gorgeous!! I am SO JEALOUS!!! I would love to be able to afford such a big house with a gorgeous yard and a porch!! Only if we didn't live here in Baltimore where everything is so expensive. And the car...that is great!! I can't wait to see pictures. Enjoy your time at home.

Paige said...

hey there
I have been reading you rblog for a while as we are somehwat of the same journey! In any event, not sure if you have ever visited my old blog. I am starting a new one that will become private in a weeks time,. If you would like to visit please leave me a comment with your google account email and I will add you.
lucky you on the new car!

Krissie said...

Hope your trip was a good one!
I nominated you for a Thinking Blogger's Award. Check out my latest blog for details.

JOY said...

Gosh the house looks beautiful Jeannie!

I don't know how the housing system works there but good luck in putting in an offer. As I always say if it is meant to be it will happen.

Good luck with it.

Having a kids meal and a diet soda isn't bad at all - well done - you are doing brilliant