I'm going to try to resist temptation today. So far, so good. I forgot to bring my packed lunch (and by that I mean a Lean Cuisine, cereal and some fruit) but I think that I'll be ok anyway. I just checked the freezer and it looks like I have a Smart Ones Lasagna in there from a few weeks ago so that will be lunch. I improvised for breakfast. Burger King Croistantwiches is what I picked up for everyone... but I resisted! And resisting a breakfast sandwich for me is big time. There were apples and Nature Valley crunchy granola bars out, so I decided to go with a pack of 2 granola bars (even though they are 4 points total) and an apple. If I get hungry a bit later I also remembered that I have some fiber one honey clusters in my drawer from Monday that I never ate.
So... no need for me to eat the crap food brought in today. I had a somewhat reasonable breakfast and if I can just hold off on the Jersey Mikes Subs at lunch (which shouldnt be too hard as I'm not a big fan) I'll be good.
Then tonight its home right from work and on my bike. It's going up to 81 so a nice ride after work will be perfect. And then probably in bed soon after that haha. Because I have to be up at and work by 7am tomorrow morning.
Last night I was running a bit behind schedule after picking my friend up from the airport after work and I didnt have time for a ride before it got dark. I did go for a little walk/jog. It was only like 15-20 minutes but it was something so I at least feel like I did a little bit, even if it wasnt a lot.
I'm ready to have an allstar day at work! Thanks for all of your comments yesterday, youre right that I need to just STEP AWAY FROM THE BUFFET OF FOOD! heehee
3.23.2007
Resisting Temptation
Labels:
accomplishments,
daily grind,
eating out,
riding,
struggles,
weather,
work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Ahh, I just typed you a long comment and then it said my request could not be processed...so here we go again!
Great job on not giving in!! You forgot your lunch and are still making healthy choices!! Great work!! Also, good job on getting out and getting moving last night even though you missed your ride! Every little bit helps.
Enjoy the rest of your day...and your bike ride in the 81 degrees!! I am soo jealous!!
Great job on not giving in on the temptation and having other options. I love Jersey Mikes but glad to hear its not much of a temptation so maybe that will help out!
Congrats on your willpower. 15-20mins is a lot better than nothing.
Hey there
Give yourself a big pat on the back! Great Job!!!!! You are doing so great. It makes it so hard when you are constantly surrounded by food! Ahhhh
And a 20 min walk or better than 20 mins on the couch watching TV!
Good luck over the next few days...I'll be sending good thoughts your way!!
I'm really proud of your attitude! I hope today went well. And the walk/job is amazing - way to make an effort! Every little bit counts.
i agree with the others!!!
Good job for standing up to the food...not like its a friend and your telling them to go eff themselves!!!
keep up the great work!
Hi Jeannie, glad that you managed to stay away from temptation. I wish that I could manage that sometimes - it's difficult isn't it?
Sounds like things are crazy bus for you, but you're pulling through like a champion! You're making good choices and that's half the battle (the other half is the exercise - and you're kicking butt there too!). Keep it up!
Post a Comment