3.29.2007

The Best Bday Present Ever!

I've been slacking on posting this week... eek! Things have been crazy with the drive at work -- I've worked everyday but Sunday and have been pulling at least 10-11 hour days. BUT... its over now! There is still some leftover food hanging around here, but the endless food buffet is done. And I'm ready to be done with it!

I forgot to weigh in this weekend (which I never forget! Just goes to show you how crazy I was) so I'll just get back to weighing in this Saturday. But... I stepped on the scale this morning and somehow saw a LOSS! Happy birthday to me!!! Granted I didnt eat much yesterday... but it was still lower than I was expecting. So I'm hoping seeing that loss gives me the momentum to keep it up so it will stick around for Saturday!

Though two of my friends from home are coming to visit tomorrow night! I'm so excited as I've been in Charlotte since July and theyre the first people to come see where I live and all of that. And then my parents and brother are coming in May. I cant wait to show them around and everything. But I'm sure between my birthday and them visiting there will be lots of eating out and eating badly. But hopefully we'll do some walking around to burn off some of it!

Todays menu will be a bit crazy. I'll most likely have half of a scone leftover from yesterday for breakfast. An orange for a snack. People from work are taking me out to lunch I'll probably pick Lava so I can get the salad I like and soup. Then for dinner Arleigh and I are going to Rock Bottom - I'm thinking of getting the Hawaiian Chicken or maybe the Hazelnut Crusted Chicken.

Oh -- and a HUGE thank you to Carrie for sending me a birthday card! I got it yesterday and it was adorable. You are too cute for remembering and actually sending a card. So thanks!!!

10 comments:

Amber said...

Glad to hear things are starting to slow down a bit for you now with work!

Happy Birthday I hope you have a fabulous one and how great to start the day off with a loss, congrats!

Tigerlilly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

A loss!!! What a great birthday present!

Its always fun to show off a new home to friends and family. My sister actually just moved to Charlotte last week. She is loving it , so I'm sure you are too!

Have a great day.. Enjoy Everything!

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and congrats on the loss! Woo Hoo!

Ro said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Although I lurk I absolutely LOVE Birthdays. I hope you have a great Day and with a loss it seems to be shaping up pretty good :)

Carrie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are so very welcome for the card :) Awesome about the loss...way to handle all of that food being at work. Isn't it great when you can say you rose above a challenge that was thrown your way! WAY TO GO!!

Carolyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
It sounds like you had a fantastic one!! Good for you for losing over such a hectic week!!
Mmmm the dinner's out sounds sooo yummy. My birthday is on Tuesday and I can't wait!!!! I love bithday cake! mmmmmmm and I'm planning on going out to dinner an dhaving EXACTLY what I want. It's only your birthday once a year right? :)
Go you!!

Weight Master said...

Happy birthday and congrats on the weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!

And you did soooo good this week! Way to go!

Enjoy your day.

Meghan said...

HAAAAPPPPY BIIIIIRTHDAAAAAAY!!!!!

JOY said...

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful birthday - you deserve it!

Another loss - you are doing fantastic!