3.01.2007

Happy March

Its March! That means Spring, my Birthday and lots of other fun things! Yippee!!

My March challenge is on hold til Monday. See I have this horrible rash on my arms and legs and I've had it for over a week now. Its wretched and I cant figure out what it is. So I finally went to the drs today and while she doesnt know she suggested I try a new detergent... so thats on the agenda for tonight. But the point of my story is that I cannot sleep at night because I itch like hell. So I toss and turn and generally fall alseep around 1 or 2. Which means that getting up for the gym at 6am is just not going to happen. So I decided that I'll let myself slide until next week. Come Tuesday morning (I'll go to spinning after work on Monday) rash or no rash I will be up and at the gym!

I also think that if I worked out really hard right now it would irritate my rash even more. It kind of feels like I have a super bad sunburn. You know how it just sort of burns and itches? So I think if I worked out that it would swell up more and irritate it. So in the sake of my sanity I'm taking a bit of a back seat for working out right now. (As if I didnt do that ALL of Feb!)

Also, the doc gave me steroids to help with the itching. And her direct words were, "Now these steroids are most likley going to make you ravenously hungry, so just be aware of that." Greeeeeat. Just what I need! I feel like now I'll just be subconsciously thinking about it, like oh I must need ice cream because of the steroids! haha

Oh well. I''m trying to be good today and not think about the stinkin 'roids. Wish me luck!

11 comments:

Fatinah said...

get better soon, and when you get ravenously hungry - choose veggies!

Cory said...

I can understand taking a backseat on that. You don't want to make it any worse. I'm allergic to most detergents, so it's possible that a change will help out with it.
Get better!

Anonymous said...

Hope your rash goes away ASAP!

Carrie said...

Eh...a rash. That is no fun! It is weird that it is only on your arms and legs though and not on your abdomen or back where your clothes rub too? hmm. I hope the steriods help. I can't believe that your Dr told you they'd make you hungry. I have been on steriods multiple times over the past few years for my sinuses and everyone reacts differently to them. For me, they made me feel like I was on speed. I only needed like 3 hours of sleep a night and I was running around like a mad-woman all the rest of the time. So burning way more calories then usual. I always ask my Dr. when I see him "hey I need to repaint my bedroom, can I get a dose of steriods?" heehee, I always seem to get more done when I am on them...my husband loves it...except when I want to stay up and talk and he wants to go to sleep! Good luck with it all!!! I hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon! And a few days in the grand scheme of things is not a big deal.

I'm down with a yucky cold/flu - so I'm totally with you on starting this Monday. I'm hoping that I'll have made a full recovery.

If you're craving ice-cream b/c of a rash, does that mean I can crave it b/c of a cold? Hee...

Karin said...

Have you tried an antihistamine for the rash? If your rash is an allergic reaction, it might help.

That's a stupid question, you probably tried that before going to the doctor.

If steroids are your only option, here's to hoping you turn into the Energy Queen that carrie described.

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Sorry you feel bad! You might want to consider Seventh Generation detergent. It's natural, and I know lots of parents use it when their kids have sensitive skin.

The Fat Foreigner said...

aww, that sucks, could it be a food allergy you'v rdeveloped at all? also (you probabaly asked already) but was there any medication they could have given you that doesn't have thatg particular side effect?

Anonymous said...

oh that suuuuuuuuucks - I hope it goes away SOON!

TrixieBelden said...

I hope the rash feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jeannie *hugs* you poor thing you! I hope the steriods help you feel better ... everytime you want to eat, go knit something! Keep your hands busy!