I stepped on the scale this morning. I shouldnt have done that. It showed quite a high number. EEK! Granted it is my TOM and I'm bloated beyond belief... but I cant help but think its because I've yet to go to the gym this week. Well I went on Sunday, but haven't been since.
So... today I'm getting my ass to spinning class. And yes I know that one day of going to spinning is not going to make those pounds just fall off. But I will do what I can today. And I'll hop on that scale tomorrow. And if I'm up 4 pounds... then I'll have to swallow my pride and post that on here for all to see. And if I'm down... well then it will just be a small miracle. heehee.
I've been thinking a lot lately about where my motivation has gone. I just keep going back to the very first time I tried to lose wieght... and how freakin successful I was. Granted I didnt make it to goal... but I lost about 40 pounds in 7 months. If I could get that momentum going and be at goal but July or August... that would be amazing.
I'm just sick of waking up in the morning... looking at the scale in the bathroom and being scared of it. I hate feeling crappy about my body. I hate it that I dont feel sexy anymore. At my lowest weight (168) I just felt so much better about myself. And I really do miss that. I miss putting on clothes that didnt feel like the buttons were going to pop off any second. I miss all those clothes that I used to be able to wear that are now in the 'I'm not going to throw them away cause I will fit into them again' side of my closet. Yup thats right, they have a whole side!
I'm really going to try to buckle down down starting today. After I weigh in tomorrow I'm technically going to start my Feb challenge. It's a short month so no excuses. The only hard day I should have in Feb is the Superbowl. Other than that theres not much going on in the little month. March will bring a whole host of challenges... so I will get my shit together and kick Feb's butt!
1.26.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
don't take this the wrong way but you seem to have been on your period forever, you must be so sick of it by now.
My motivation seems to go up and down constantly... and it really bugs me. I think the one thing that will strengthen my will to lose the weight, is WHEN I get to the 190's... Its been years since I've had that '1' in the front of my wieght... and I would feel soooo good when I see it again! So I'm with ya, lets kick Feb's butte!!!!
I understand how you feel. It was so much easier to lose weight when I was a few years younger. Now it seems like every big good thing has no effect and every little bad thing sends me pounds in the wrong direction. But we will get our current bodies figured out and knock off the weight. I decree there is no other alternative so we MUST do it! Does that work?
It's awesome that you're already thinking ahead to February! Staying focused and motivated is half the battle!
i agree with you, previous weight loss efforts seemed much more successful at a much faster pace.
It definately seems like it all takes much more time. Maybe our metabolisms are slowing down...but that means we're getting old(er)!
i've noticed over the years, that the older i get - it definitely requires more work to lose weight... cutting back on food and not exercising used to work but now it doesn't... i've learned that i HAVE to burn calories in order to see any progress on the scale... :o(
i'm sure the next time you step on the scale, it will say something much more pleasing... :o)
I am on a motivation roller coaster as well. I have just started to believe that this is what it will take, ups and downs, to get where we want to be weight wise. We will get there, keep fighting.
I know you can do it!!!
Post a Comment