
I have a wedding to go to this weekend. I had my outfit all picked out. My favorite black dress (see picture) -- it's probably the most expensive piece of clothing I own. But one of my friends took me to Nordstroms one day with her "I work for the company and it's a 'double-double' discount day" so I got it for 50% off... AND it was a size 12. Which I was super excited about. I think that was the first thing I ever bought in that size.
So anyway... I wore it to my cousin's wedding that summer and have worn it I think 3 or 4 times since then. So I got it out last night to make sure everything was set, tried it on... and FUCK! The top is too big. As in my boobs have shrunk. Of all the places a girl can lose weight... THIS is generally not one of them. Stomach? Bring it on. Theighs? Definately. Hips? Of course! But boobs? Not so much. So now the top of the dress is a bit too big! I think I can get it altered reletively easy for future use, but I'm just not sure I'll be able to wear it this weekend. UGH! It's one of those you can't really wear a bra with it dresses. Like I could but it would have to be a backless, strapless really uncomfortable (and probably just as expensive as a new dress) bras. Which I try to steer clear of. And I used to be able to go bra-less no problem. But now I'm scared my boobs are going to make a suprise visit at the wedding!
So... I've rearranged my evening. I'm going to stop by my aunt's before my WW meeting and throw a load of laundry in. Then go to my meeting (where they tell me that I gained some this week... it's ok. I'm prepared...), go back to aunt jans. Put said laundry in the dryer and watch the L Word while it's drying. Then head out to the Livingston Mall in hopes of finding a new (cheap) dress. At least I know I'll have plenty of events to go to this summer that I can wear it at. Like a family vacation in the carribean and two rehersal dinners.
I have a 25% off coupon for NY&Co... so I'll go there first. I've gotten two simple black dresses there in the past. If that fails -- to H&M I go. And it that fails too -- then let's all just pray that my boobs stay put on Saturday!

1 comment:
While it sucks that your dress doesn't fit - it's definitely a good problem to have! Much better than it being too small ;)
Post a Comment