Does anyone else have an issue working in an overly AC-ed building in the summer? I'm a cold person by nature, but today the high in Charlotte is 76. I don't think I'm being ridiculous wearing a summer dress and a cardigan. I'm perfectly comfortable outside. But in my office? Cripes! I'm freezing! Right now I have a space heater on under my desk AND a sweater draped over my legs like a blanket. That's just not right if you ask me.
But then again maybe my body is just used to hotter temps. I don't believe in turning my central air on until well after Memorial Day (I generally shoot for Flag Day - June 14 - or if I'm really feeling frisky I'll wait until the 4th of July.)
But such is life. I'll just hang out with my sweater/blanket (I SO need a snuggie) and try to stay warm until it's time to leave!
In other news last night I made soft pretzels from scratch. They aren't as good as the real thing I'd get in Philly... but they were pretty easy to make and fun! I'll certainly be making these again. The dough would also be great for pigs in a blanket. Heavenly.
The other exciting bit of news I have to share is that they put tables outside the building I work in. (I just tried to not end that sentence in a preposition, but it just sounds to formal... in which... anyway!) So today I brought my lunch and ate outside with a few coworkers. I love to dine al fresco. I plan on making good use of those tables all summer long. Really, it's the little things in life that excite me.
And just to toot my own horn (man I love that saying) I got up and went to AM boot camp this morning! I have a work event til 9 tonight so I went to the 7:30 session (really it was a private session because no one goes in the mornings) and came to work at 10. I wish I could come in at 10 everyday! The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I use to have that problem too with the freezing in an AC room.
Way to go on getting to boot camp this morning!! Whoohooo!
I hate when offices do that with the AC! I feel like I always get sick when I'm going from hot to cold all the time. Awesome job on boot camp, and umm, yum those pretzels look amazing.
As I write this I am sitting at my desk with my North Face jacket on and my space heater on HIGH. EVERY FREAKING DAY. joy. just take solace in the fact that you are not alone. GREAT JOB going to boot camp. I still don't seem to know what the gym is exactly. though tonight I have been told that is changing...stay tuned.
Post a Comment