5.04.2009

10 Years


I really and truly can't believe it's been 10 years since my high school graduation! But it has been. So let's discuss, shall we?
  • I had insane amounts of anxiety showing up alone, but decided to step outside of my comfort zone and go
  • I thought everyone would be a size 0, married and have 2.5 kids and a white picket fence
  • Apparently everyone else also had all of these thoughts!!!
  • I had much more fun than I anticipated (see pictures below)
  • It was like nothing had ever changed. No one had their husbands/bfs there (I went to a private catholic all girls school) so it was just the girls hanging out like old times. No one really looked all that different. And the people I didn't really like in high school I still didn't really like. And those that I loved I fell right back in step with like we hadn't missed a day.
Photos? But of course! (My camera died so I was relying on pictures posted on facebook)

Cocktail hour (I tried to lower my beer so it wouldn't be in the picture, but alas that didn't work)

Dinner - the food was terrible, but the company was nice!

This is my excited face (or maybe my "I just had 2 beers in 30 minutes" face)

Someone made me laugh right before taking this picture

And I really couldn't regain my composure

But I finally got it together, whew!

Since dinner was horrible we went to a local pub after... and ordered some fries! (not to worry -- 7 of us split this basket)

After a night out with old friends I was a bit reminiscent when I got back to my parent's house. I went through all of my old photos. I decided to bring them back with me to my house in NC. One of these days I might even post some here! Man oh man that would be entertaining. Let's just say my awkward years lasted longer than most people's. I also decided to try on my 2 prom dresses! Yes, they are still in my closet in my bedroom at mom and dad's. Want to know the best part? Not only did the both zip... but they were each actually a little lose! WHAT? My prom dresses from high school are a tad too big? What is going on here! Talk about putting me in a good mood for the 8 hour drive home! If my camera battery wasn't dead I would have taken a picture for proof! But alas, it was. So just take my word on this one, ok?

5 comments:

Martalu said...

You look so young! Not that anyone else looks old, but you REALLY look young! I love your dress! I'm glad you had fun, and I totally believe you. Wish I could say the same, but I was a size 0 in H.S. Oh well!

Elephant Steps said...

Glad you had fun. You are brave, I was too chicken to go to mine.

Carrie said...

Awesome!! That must have been such a great feeling with the prom dresses!! how much fun! I didn't know you went to an all girls school. My 10 year, was fun - I was one of the ones planning it and I was 7 months pregnant :) But everyone brought someone pretty much, but it was still a great time! I am so glad you went!

Jade said...

How very cool!! I'm so happy for you that you had a great time ... the pictures were fun - thank you for sharing!!

I think I'll have to try my prom dresses on when I go home at Christmas - that would be fun!

Rachit Dayal said...

Hey Jeannie,

My name is Rachit Dayal and I'm a hypnotherapist who specializes in weight management. I came across your blog pointsandpounds.blogspot.com, during research for JV partners and noticed that you had a great information on weight loss.

I was wondering, Do you do affiliate or joint venture promotions?

======> http://www.weightlossinyoursleep.com/affiliates/index.php?action=Blog%20Articles

I've created a product called "Weight Loss In Your Sleep" - and I think it will be very complementary to your blog and readers. It's a set of hypnosis recordings that helps people lose weight & curb cravings and will help people to stay “motivated” after reading the information you give them.
The product retails for $19.95, has upsells for $49.95 and $99.95 and the affiliate commission is at 60% during the launch till May 31st 2009.

There's a complete affiliate center with details of your affiliate hoplink, sample blog articles, product reviews, email promotions, Signature Ads etc - You can access it here:
======> http://www.weightlossinyoursleep.com/affiliates/index.php?action=Blog%20Articles

The sales pitch currently has a conversion rate of about 1.8%, the accompanying website has a lot of engaging features like a hypnosis-readiness quiz, an explanation of the science behind hypnosis and a newsletter for constant contact and eventual sales.
If you'd be interested in reviewing or promoting this product, please email me back and I'll arrange for a copy to be ready for download/shipped. I can be reached at Support@WeightLossInYourSleep.com
I can also help you create any marketing material you need for your promotion - articles, pre-written reviews, banners, PPC tools and whatever else you need. Hope you'll consider taking a look at the product and promoting it. Please email me back at Support@WeightLossInYourSleep.com if you'd like to chat further.

======> http://www.weightlossinyoursleep.com/affiliates/index.php?action=Blog%20Articles

Keep well,
Rachit D
(NGH Certfied Hypnotherapist, Master Practitioner of NLP, Master Hypnotist and Creator of 6 Hypnosis Products)

email: Support@WeightLossInYourSleep.com
web: www.WeightLossInYourSleep.com