3.20.2009

Random Tid Bits

It's FRIDAY! Thank goodness! And while it's not going to be super warm this weekend it looks like it's going to be sunny. Extra bonus!

Since I've been neglecting my blog... here's a list of random things on my mind
  • It's FOOD JOURNAL time at boot camp again. I did it the first 4 weeks but have stopped since then. I was informed last night it's time to start up again. So I need to hand in my food journal in 2 weeks. Yikes!!!
  • The bad news (or good?) is that next week is WFAE's membership drive. Which means I will be working 12 hour days and there will be obscene amounts of (really unhealthy) food here for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I need to be good and NOT go crazy!
  • Speaking of our drive -- Kelsey over at Bites and Bowls put up an awesome post about donating. I love NPR supporters (nationally or locally!) Thanks Kelsey!
  • This weekend Carrie is running a Half Marathon! She's been so amazing with her training AND a 1 year old baby. Go wish her luck! She's also just signed up for the 3 Day Breast Cancer walk and has to raise quite a bit of money. Perhaps you could skip a lunch out this week and throw 5 bucks her way?
  • Michelle is still working out like a mad woman! Please don't forget to VOTE daily!
  • Sarah is waiting around for little baby Max to come play. Stop by and leave her a comment to keep her entertained until he gets here!
Here are also some random goals for my upcoming week (not I'm starting them on Friday... not waiting until Monday... yeah!)
  • Get to the gym 2 mornings next week (aka before work!)
  • Hit up boot camp AND the gym tomorrow
  • Do some sort of activity on Sunday (yard work counts... I've got lots of that to do)
  • Drink 60 oz of water a day (I've been horrible at that lately)
  • Less chocolate!
Two different people just asked me to go out to lunch today... I said NO to both! (Well politely of course). I will get back in the game! Actually... I already AM back in the game!

As a random side note I'm LOVING March Madness. Such a fun time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the shout out!! :) Ooo, you're gonna be in trouble with your food journal! lol I have to bring mine with me to every workout, so I'm being a good girl and filling it out (even though it's always the same things every day!) Be sure to pack your own meals and snacks for the membership drive! Scope out the yummies and let yourself have just one (or two) and pace yourself. You'll do just fine!! Have a great weekend!!

Elephant Steps said...

Thanks for the shout out too! :) Hey at least you have two weeks for your journal as tough as next week might be keep telling yourself you have to show someone your food intake. I know when I had to do that for my PT I was strict as hell. It was good motivation! Good advice by Michelle!!

Sarah said...

Yeah for journaling! Good luck with your membership drive this week. I donated to my favorite public radio station a few weeks ago :)

Also, I hit up the NPR "All Songs Considered" Party at SXSW and had a blast!