2.15.2009

Steak, Haircut, Produce and more!

Ok first let's get my weekend eating out in the open. It was dreadful!!! I am actually EXCITED to eat lots of fruits and veggies tomorrow as I don't think I've eaten any all weekend. Unacceptable!! But let's move on to more exciting things. I'll bullet it to (try to) keep it short.
  • I invited the boy over for dinner the other night. I made steak.... yes that's right me who's hated steak her whole life bought it, prepared it, cooked it.. and ATE it on Friday night. I did steak, asparagus and potatoes on the grill. No clean up and if you ask me quite a man's meal. I think it went well... but you never can tell with boys!
  • I got my hair cut on Saturday. It's a little bit shorter in the front that I thought it would be, but it'll grow out a bit and it's just hair so I'm not all that bent out of shape. I even thought to do a before and after! (Let's all just pretend these are charming, adorable pictures of me... and not unshowered, Saturday morning self portraits. Ok? Ok.)

    (it's really hard to take a picture of the back of your head!!)
  • I also got an iPhone on Saturday!! And some new glasses for the kitchen. I've only ever had like plastic tumblers or pint glasses from bars. Never a real set of glasses. Well I was at Pier One and they had nice glasses for 2 bucks each! I got 6 and I love them!
  • I babysat on Saturday night. Henry (who just turned 3) and his new baby brother! He was born on Jan 8 so he's just over a month old... like 6 weeks I guess. He was an angel and it was great to get some kid time in (and make money!) Talk about a nice Valentine's day!
  • I went to a new grocery store today. It's called Compare... I don't really know how to explain it. I always thought it was a really low end store... because they're usually in not the best neighborhoods. So my friend took me there today and oh my god... the produce there is crazy! They had all kinds of stuff I've ever even heard of and it was so fresh and cheap! I got avocados for 99 cents! And they look good! I'm totally sold on getting my produce there... everything else I'll still probably go to the 'high end' store for.
  • Oh! My cousin launched a new website. It's totally awesome (and I'll most likely be putting up recipes on it). It's called all-abode.com... here's what she said about it: "So I've decided to incorporate my organizing with these fun household tips. Bud, the recipe for the fabric softener alternative is up there, the great disinfectant for cleaning vomit (cat, dog, kid) is there, a recipe for an awesome soup I made. All up there."
  • Speaking of all-abode (I love that name!)... I made one of the recipes tonight! I actually have the cook book it's from but never made the recipe. It's a homemade granola. Oh my goodness... the whole house smelled yummy while it baked and it's delicious! Look for it in my meals this week. Believe me, you'll be seeing a lot of it!
Ok... I'm sure there is more but it's time for bed! My office doesn't celebrate the presidents so I have to work tomorrow. I've got a great lunch all packed and ready though... I'm back on track starting NOW! (Speaking of I was down this week. 174.6 baby!!)

12 comments:

Cory said...

LOVE the haircut. It's so cute.

And I bookmarked your cousin's site to check out when I'm feeling more up to it. Sounds cool though.

Sarah said...

Your hair cut is super cute! I always wondered what my hair would look like shorter now that I am an adult, but I am afraid to take the plunge and cut it all off. Yeah for yummy cheap produce! Congrats on the loss!!!

Rebecca said...

LOVE your haircut, its so cute! I wish I could get my hair to behave and be cute like that...lol

The iPhone is a BLAST! I'm addicted to LoseIt, which is an awesome (free!) program from the App Store, check it out!

Anonymous said...

The haircut is totally cute! Thanks for the link! Glad you love the granola. I can't wait to see more of your recipes up on all-abode.com!

Anonymous said...

love love love your new 'do!! It's so cute :) Glad to hear the dinner went well too ;)

And WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO on your weigh-in!! You're nipping at my heels!

Sabrina said...

i really like your hair cut!!!!

Elephant Steps said...

Your new hair looks great!! So stylish.
Glad your dinner with the boy went great. I could totally eat that meal right now and the granola LOL. :)

Anonymous said...

ok totally distracted by the fabulousness of your HEAD.

Im jealous.
I keep hoping Oprah will call me for an intervention---but Im thinking thats not happening.

Marissa said...

Your haircut is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Oh that hair cut is too cute. I got a similar one in January. I think it is a current look, professional and still fun. Grats on your weigh in. You are relaly doing well. I have got to start following in your footsteps.

Anonymous said...

Oh...sorry to post again, but I just realized you picked up an iPhone. I LOVE them! I have had mine since the end of last year. There is a Weight Watchers Mobile thing you can get on your phone if you subscribe to their site. I download shows (like the biggest loser) to my phone and then watch them at work...well I don't really watch them. I listen to them while I am working...If they caught me watching them I might get in trouble. I am very creative at hiding the phone so I can still see the screen. :-)

Anonymous said...

CUTE hair!!..