1.10.2009

Someone Snap Me Out of It!

I've been feeling all boohoo for myself today. Why? I don't know. Sometimes I just feel lonely in this city. So I watched a few episodes of the first season of One Tree Hill (gotta love Netflix!), made a football cake (I'll try to post a picture later) and just moped around. Totally pathetic. I also ate some pizza during this here mope fest. It's now 6.26 pm and I'm still in my PJs.

I need to get out and meet new people. Make new friends. Put myself out there. I've lived in Charlotte for over 2 years now and I still have just a handful of friends (if that!!) But how do you meet new people when you're grown up you know? It's not like I have classes with people anymore. Perhaps I need to look into some sort of clubs or classes. I just don't even know where to start. That and I'm poor :) Any suggestions are welcome.

But enough of me feeling sorry for myself. It's not getting me anywhere other than FAT and MORE lonely. I skipped boot camp (but did go to the dog park for 2.5 hours), ate pizza and made a cake. Uhhh yeah. Not cool Jeannie. So that's it. It ends NOW.

I have plans tonight to go watch the Panthers game with some coworkers (hence the cake). I will probably eat more than I should but I'll be sure to count it all and I'll try to make good choices. And tomorrow I will go to the gym since I didn't do anything today.

In other news I did hop on the scale today. I was down but just by a weeee bit. 179.4... down 0.6. I'll take it though. It's just nice to see the 170s again. Whew!

And with that I'm going to shower. I'm going to put on something cute. I'm going ot blow dry my hair. I might even put on makeup! And I'm NOT going to feel sorry for myself!

2 comments:

K-Pow said...

I know how hard it is to put yourself out there. I moved from home to another province (I'm in Canada) and it was the hardest thing I ever did. The first couple of years were brutal but I think just putting yourself out there is a great start.

Join a club of interest, go out when people invite you, don't be afraid to ask people out too (as friends or otherwise). Anyone would be luckily to hang with a cool chick like yourself :)

Good luck.

I just noticed that we are almost the same weight!! 179.2 here!!!

Just wondering...How tall are you and what is your goal?

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeannie!

SNAP OUT OF IT! :)

Go to www.meetup.com and check out what's available in your area - you'll find book clubs, knitters, runners, scrapbookers, almost anything!

Also go to www.rrca.org to find a running club - they usually meet in a local park for free :)

You can also check out your local library, they usually have a list of fun things to do.

I was where you were when I moved from Hawaii to the Midwest, but I have the kids to keep me busy, so it's different.

And of course, you can always come and move over by me!!!!! :)

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY, Jeannie!! I believe in you!