Most of my eats for the day are posted here. Other than mindlessly eating some trail mix I did pretty well! No work out today though... but back to some hard core boot camp tomorrow so I'm not all that worried.
I didn't really have a choice in where I was going to dinner. It was a first date with a guy from eHarmony and I told him he had to pick the place (I hate making decisions). He chose Italian. Both good and bad. Good because it was close to my house and well who doesn't like Italian? Bad because uhh not too healthy.
Let's start with the small victories. I got my dressing for the house salad on the side. I just got the house balsamic. And didn't really even end up using much -- just dipped in it. The salad (minus the 1/4 tsp of dressing) was totally free. Pretty much just iceberg lettuce and one piece of tomato. It was a funny salad. Also, and this is a huge also, I didn't eat any bread!!!! This is usually my downfall. I can't resist bread but I did tonight. I knew my meal would be more than filling.
For my entree I got the following:
Capellini Primavera
Sautéed zucchini and other vegetables with a light cream sauce over angel hair pasta
I was trying to steer clear of a cream sauce but it was pretty hard. There really were not all that many healthy choices on this menu! So I figured at least this one had veggies. It was heavenly. Though not nearly as heavy on the veggies as I'd like. The serving was massive. I ate about 1/3 of it and stopped when I was full. Also a major victory. I can probably get 2 more meals out of the leftovers. I figure I'll have some for dinner tomorrow night and most likely throw the rest out. I don't need to be eating THAT much cream sauce... even if it is 'light' ha! I estimated my dinner to be 12 points. It's a total estimate but I figure since I only ate 1/3 that means the whole dish would be 36 points which seems to be an ok estimate. Even with a 12 point dinner I still only used 4 flex points. I still have plenty for the week. I LOVE when I'm on plan on the weekends. Just makes it that much easier to keep up the good work during the week.
And also... the date went well :)
In other news I get to sleep in a bit tomorrow because I have an appt at the derm tomorrow at 9.15. So instead of leaving the house at 8:15 I get to leave at 8:45. Score!
... I titled this Short and Sweet because I thought it was going to be a quick post. It totally wasnt. Sorry for the false advertisement.
1.25.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm glad your date went well, and it does sound like you did good with the meal. I mean hell you could have just said "to hell with it" because it was a date, but you were smart. High five for small victories ( although I would classify this as a big victory!)
So will there be another date soon?!!
Oooo, I'm so excited for you!!! Ditto Sarah - will there be a 2nd date? :) Hope you have a great workout tonite!!
Yay for saying no to the bread, only eating until satisfied, and for the date going well! Will there be a second? I'd be happy to be leaving my house in the mornings at 8:15 lol. 6:45 is a little eariler than I prefer most days!
Very interesting! I found your blog through Roni's site. It is always good to read about another person counting points. It appears that you are doing fantastic! Good work!
Post a Comment