I woke up this morning feeling somewhat under the weather. My throat is a bit scratchy and I had a headache. Because of this I skipped yoga. I'm ok with it. I went to boot camp Mon-Thurs this week and worked my butt off. I'll take a day to relax today. I haven't used any APs from this week so I have 16 stored up. Which is good... because there is lots of eating on my agenda for today.
One of my goals for the year is to just go out for lunch once a week. It's a lot harder than it sounds when all of your coworkers go out daily. So last week a coworker and I were talking and we both wanted to go get burgers. I'd already had my lunch out though so we decided we'd go out today! We planned this LAST Friday. I've been looking forward to it all week. And the days that I wanted to go out for lunch I kept reminding myself that there was a burger in my future on Friday. It's amazing how easily I was able to ward off the "go out to lunch" cravings by just knowing I'd be doing it on Friday. So today when I go out to lunch I'll be ordering some type of burger and sweet potato fries. Mmm they are so good. I've been craving them all week! I figure I won't eat everything on my plate, but I'm estimating lunch alone to be 15 points. Then for dinner tonight I'm going to a friends house and she's making lasagne!! We're going to have a big side salad and fresh bread from Panera. That will also be a slew of points. And then... tomorrow morning I have to get on the scale!!!! Today's number was a happy one... so let's hope I can hydrate enough and hold off on snacking today and I should be ok.
In other news I'm heading to Dicks Sporting Goods after work to buy a new Nike Plus and also a jump rope! I've fallen in love with jump roping at boot camp. The first week we had to do it I was terrible! I mean it was hysterical how bad I was. But I've been getting better and it's SUCH good cardio! So I'm buying my very own. Yay!
I'm heading up to NYC and North Jersey this weekend. My cousin is graduating and her party is on Sunday. I get in tomorrow at 11am am having lunch with my brother and then will have some down time. I'm planning on a RUN/walk throughout my aunts town. I used to live with her and it's such a quaint neighborhood. It will be cold but I've got all my cold workout gear packed. Let's jsut hope this sore throat goes away :)
Almost the weekend....
1.16.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yeah! Enjoy your lunch...mmm a burger :) it will be yummy so savor it. Good thing about my new job - they almost always bring their lunch so no pressure. Plus one day a week I will be out on the road for work so that will be my lunch out and I'll be alone, so I can get healthy food! And I'll be in a town with both Whole Food and Harris Teeter!! My prayers have been answered! :) heehee Have an amazing time in NJ and NY - and keep in mind...the first 10 min or so of a run/walk out in this cold SUCKS BIG TIME but once you make it past that you'll be fine, so push through and just think about how good you'll feel at the end and I can't wait to see your Nike+ graph of it when you are done!! Good luck at weigh in tomorrow. I'll be looking for your post!
What a great idea - having your treat lunch once a week gives you something to look forward to! How every cool :)
Have fun this weekend!!
Stopping by to fellow A Teamers to show support...I'm struggling right now but I'm hoping reading the A-Team blogs will help me out. Hope you're kicking a$$ and taking names!
"The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!" By Marvin Phillips
That's a great goal, not eating out often. My husband and I have just agreed to not eat out for a while. Since lunch was normally eaten out to visit with friends, we've told invited them to eat at our apartment, but they have to bring their own food!
Good luck with your goal this year!
Post a Comment