12.10.2008

There's still time

I got a call from my mom yesterday. She was telling me how she's lost 11 pounds (on Jenny Craig) since we got back from Cancun. Holy crap mom... that is awesome! I on the other hand, have gained 2 or 3... in addition to the 4 or 5 I gained on vacation. So I was inspired! She's doing so well and she's right... it's not to late to lose a pound or two before the holidays are truly upon us. So back to it I am!

Of course I finally get all fired up and what happens? I hurt my foot at boot camp last night! I'm not sure what I did... if it's a strain, sprain, or just bruise. I can walk fine but it's just sore if I move my foot a certain way and there's a slight throbbing. It's not swollen or bruised so that's good. I'm going to try to go to boot camp tonight and just walk - not run and do low intensity and see how it feels. I can't go tomorrow night and yoga is canceled for Friday so I'll have 2 days of rest. That's good yes? Then hopefully I'll be back to 100% by Sat!

I went to Trader Joe's today on my lunch break and did it. I got a box of Candy Cane Joe Joes. These things are dangerous! But so damn good! I've already decided that I'm not allowed to bring them into the house. So I had 2 cookies and then put the box in the kitchen here at work. I emailed my coworkers the following: Tis the season....for Candy Cane Joe Joes! If you’re not familiar I highly recommend them. It’s Trader Joe’s holiday version of an Oreo. The cream filling has pieces of candy canes in it. Oh my! I am not allowed to bring a box home… because they are just a dangerous item to have in the house. So yall (look how southern I am) are in luck! There’s a box in the kitchen, help yourself and enjoy.

Needless to say there was a mad dash for the kitchen within seconds!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OooooOoOoOoo *wipes the drool off her keyboard* TJ candy cane jo-jo's ... my-oh-my, this is one time I'm happy we live in different states cuz I'd be at your place in a FLASH to help you out lol

I am so sorry to hear about your tootsie!! Keep it elevated, and alternate heat and cold, and take some ibuprofen! Feel better soon!

xo
M