9.09.2008

Productivity

I haven't had a productive week night in a while. Sure I get things done on the weekend. And I suppose mowing the lawn last night was slightly productive... but tonight I really got shit done. I got home from work and Kristine and I took the dogs out for a walk. Her pedometer estimates the walk to be about 3 miles, but I think it's more like 2.5. Either way there are two decent hills and Maddie wears herself out going up them (and maybe I do to, but we don't need to mention that). Then I got home and made a GREAT dinner. I will post the recipe and photos on Friendly Philly Food tomorrow. Get excited :)

After dinner I finally did it. I cleaned my room. Someone at work asked me what I was up to tonight and I felt like I was 12 again when I replied "I have to clean my room!" But it's been a disaster. There's a section of the bedroom that could be used for an office or a sitting room, it's sort of a little extra space off the side of the room. When Ar moved out she went through all of her stuff in that section (we basically had books and paperwork and other random crap.. and I mean RANDOM) and left my stuff there in piles. This would have been fine had I gone through everything then, but as the months have gone on I've just added to those piles. And it was bad. I also have a table in that room... and by table I mean like an actual kitchen table. We used to have the desktop computer on it and Ar would paint or do crafty things there. But I don't have a desktop computer anymore and I can't remember the last time I did anything crafty.... so crap had just piled up on the table as well. And the dust... yes the dust was also piled pretty high.

It's all actually quite embarrassing to admit. But to be honest, I didn't want to go through everything because I knew there would be stuff that I had to throw out that I didn't want to.... cards from Ar, stuff she had given me or written me, just things that I had been putting off dealing with because no matter how great we have been getting along as friends and how ok with the break up we both are... no one wants to throw away memories. But I did it. I cleaned out the area. I organized. I got rid of stuff I didn't need. And I only paused a moment to look through a few things from Ar before getting rid of them. No sense in getting all worked up right? It was time to be productive!! Probably made it easier that we have been getting along and hanging out from time to time as friends. I can't imagine getting rid of that stuff if she weren't in my life at all anymore. We make great friends... we just didn't make great girlfriends. And that's ok :)

After I got that area done I was inspired. I cleaned and organized my closet (which is also a production as it's HUGE... I love my walk in heehee). Then moved on to the bathroom. Cleaned, swept, mopped in there. Even washed the mirror! Something I always neglect when cleaning the bathroom. I also dusted the end tables in the bedroom and finally vacuumed. And now.... my room is happy again. Who knows how long it will stay this way, but for tonight at least I know I was productive.

Cheers to that!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

um, do you want to come and clean my room? we knocked out a vanity in our room by our closet and put in closet shelvig so we'd have more room to put stuff, and there they sit empty, b/c we are too lazy to clean up and put stuff away! when we get back from the beach it is my mission. oh and I am totally going to get Charley some tupperware snack stuff and a few other things, but i will do that once we get home :) off to the outlets!

Cory said...

That's cool that you were able to get everything cleaned up! I really have to take a weekend and do my living room...the hubby can't keep things clean and put away to save his life!

Elephant Steps said...

I have a room like that, and I think ALOT of people do, so don't be too embarrassed. Good for you for cleaning it. The hardest part is getting started!!