9.06.2008

Boot Camp Trial....

So former TB had a free trial of his 'fitness academy" today. I was petrified. And rightly so! I got there and of course I didn't know anyone which is always intimidating. Everyone else knew eachother, or at least one other person. But I tried not to close up and joined in on the conversation while we waited for everyone to arrive. I was proud of that :)

We finally started around 9:15. We did a warm up jog around the parking lot (maybe 1/4 mile). Then we did some warm up stretches. Walking with high knees, kick front-kick back-knee up-step forward, walking lunges, karaokes (or as I've always heard them called grapevines), and a few other things I can't remember. Nothing horrible, but I was certainly starting to sweat a bit. And then the real fun started. We were split into pairs -- but since there was an odd number I was in a group of 3. It was me and two other girls... who also looked to be around the same fitness level thank goodness. We were at a disc golf course (for those of you not familiar with disc golf its like golf but with frisbees... strange I know). I did a little research and it seems the entire course is 4.5 miles long. It's hilly and wooded. But it was also cool so that's nice. Each hole (there are 18 just like golf) had an exercise attached. Squats, pushups, lunges, good mornings, planks, dips (on a bench). You did each exercise 3 times (to make up the 18 holes). That was fine. Hard, but I could have done it. It was RUNNING from hole to hole. With the roots, dirt, hills.... I was hurting.

I also don't know my way around the disc golf course all that well, and it's not amazingly marked like mini golf is!) so we of course got lost a few times. TB or his girlfriend ended up staying with our group at all times because we were a) the slowest and b) directionaly challenged. We were the last ones to finish but it still only took us about 55 minutes I think. Not too shabby. Then we had a brief cool down and some stretching.

I got home and took Maddie for a walk. Which was also hilly... and HOT! So mch for all that rain we were supposed to get. It's been sunny and beautiful all morning long. I love it!

But now I'm beat. It's time for a shower and then a Mary Kay party at a friend's house. Tri is one week from tomorrow. I can't wait for that to be over so it's not hanging over my head anymore :) Then I can just become a boot camp girl. 6am Mon-Thurs. HA! It will be a miracle if that happens. For real :) I like to sleep.

1 comment:

Elephant Steps said...

Impressive bootcamp! I always love reading about these as I've always wanted to do one, but I will not lie...I'm a big coward! I think it's awesome that you are doing it!!