It's Wed! WOOOO! I had such a fun night last night. My cousin's conference ended and he didn't fly out until this morning so he stayed with me again last night. He was ALL ramped up after his conference as it went really well. He lives in SanDiego now, but if any of these jobs pan out there's a good chance he could be back on the East cost soon! Which would be awesome. So we went out to celebrate! He wanted a good glass (or bottle!) of wine so we went to 131 Main. SO much fun. I got the roasted chicken tortilla soup -- OUT of this world. And a burger with hand cut fries (not so healthy). I ate 1/3 burger and 1/3 fries and took the rest home. (I just went home at lunch and put some of the burger meat in Maddie's kong... talk about an excited puppy!) But anyway, the bowl of soup was massive! More than I was expecting so I was stuffed by the time my burger even came out. Marty drank a bottle of wine and the two of us just laughed. He got a salad, the ribeye (it was HUGE) and then got banana creme pie for dinner which was also massive. I got a cup of tea and had only TWO bites of the pie. It was really good but I was stuffed and proud that I didn't continue to eat the pie just because it was good. (I have to take any small victories there are).
This morning I was up EARLY to take him to the ariport. Got up at 6am on the dot and we were off by 6:05. I got home by 7 and thought about showering and blow drying my hair... but we all know I got back in bed for 45 minutes hahahaah. It was perfect -- the trip to the airport was just like a dream by the time I woke up again.
Tonight I'm going to RuSans with a friend -- and Kristine (my new roommate) is coming as well. I'm excited to hang out with her. She's been wanting to try RuSans and my friend REALLY wants to meet Kristine so it will work out well. Should be fun. Means another day of possibly not working out though. I figure I'll take Maddie for a LONG walk tonight. Then tomorrow I have my last session with TB (I'm SO sad I might cry) so that will be a good workout. I'm trying REALLY hard to stay within my points today. Sushi for dinner makes it easy to eat low point so that's good.
Also -- Lily convinced me to do a 5k with her and her bf this weekend. What was I thinking???? I told her I'd do it but ONLY if they went ahead and waited for me at the finish line. They're both real runners so I refuse to hold them back. Then we're going to Big Daddy's (the burger place) for brunch afterwards. Something to get me to the finish line. ha!
And one more thing -- my mom booked our flights for Cancun!!!!! I cannot wait! All the more incentive to be looking my best for the beaches of Mexico by Nov 14. Woohoo!
Ok todays menu....
Bfast:
2 light waffles w/ blueberries - 2
1/2 mango w/ tbsp granola on top - 2
Lunch (totally random):
lime chili almonds - 2
a few leftover fries from last night while preparing Maddies kong - 2
Pineapple pleasure smoothie - 3
Snacks:
Grab the Gold snack bar (random item I picked up at smoothie king) - 3
Dinner:
6 sweet potato rolls - 3
3 asparagus rolls - 1
3 cucumber rolls - 1
miso soup - 2
So I have 1 point to mess around with. Ha!
8.20.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Cancun sounds like it is great motivation to stay OP! Glad you had a good visit with your cousin. I love family visits as well. And my brother just moved back to Chapel Hill, and my sister lives there as well, so I'm excited we're all back together again!
ooooooOOoo cancun!! How fun. I thought you looked GREAT in your tri pictures, so I am sure you will have no problem looking HAWT for the trip!! :)
Post a Comment