6.05.2008

Good thought of the day

Since I've been a bit of a downer recently I decided I'm going to try to post one good thought of the day. And if I've got more than one, all the better!

This idea came to me while at the gym today. I was doing kickbacks and looking at myself in the mirror. Usually it's cringe worthy. I'm never looking my best at the gym (but really, who is?) and I'm usually making scary faces because I'm a bit of a weakling. But I looked up today and almost didn't recognize myself. Dare I say it... I looked HOT! I don't know what it was. I had a freaking old Havertown Pub Crawl t-shirt on (though it does fit me quite well). But my cheekbones were all prominent, my eyes were super blue, my hair was even looking nice... It was so strange. And so I decided that was CERTAINLY a happy thought of the day. So yay for me, right?

Trainer Boy was also shockingly supportive. Right from the get go he knew something was wrong when I didn't give him shit about anything. I told him what was up and he was like "well nice isn't in my job description" but he was actually quite nice. Where he usually makes fun of my weakness and we joke around, today he kept telling me how great I was doing and to keep it up. It was quite sweet of him. We did arms and I have a feeling I won't be hoisting my bag in the overheard compartment on the plane all that easily tomorrow. But I'm ok with that.

Tonight is also my first night of really being home all night alone... with no plans. I've been unpacking from last week, doing laundry, and will then repack. I'm also catching up on some DVRed shows. Men In Trees, Top Chef, So You Think You Can Dance... I've got plenty to keep me occupied.

I also just had a WW oreo cookie popsical for dinner. Not the healthiest, but it's currently 92 degrees out at 8pm and I don't have the air on. So it really hit the spot.

Oh, and before I stray too far from the topic at hand (which I think I've already done), here are the rest of my good thoughts
  • Tomorrow at this time I should be landing in Philly
  • I've got really awesome coworkers
  • I've got a really awesome, and supportive family
  • Ar has been super nice and as supportive as possible through all of this, so I need to give her props too... it's not one of those horrible, angry, nasty break ups and that means a lot
  • I do love summer and can't wait to get to my pool next weekend when I'm here

No comments: