I almost forgot to write about my proud moment last night! I did day one of week four on the couch to 5k! The workout breaks down like this:Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 3 minutes
Walk: 90 seconds
Run: 5 minutes
Walk: 2.5 minutes
Run: 3 minutes
Walk: 90 seconds
Run: 5 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes
I made the last run SIX minutes which means that I ran a total of 17 minutes! That's MORE than half. And I felt ok afterwards. I wasn't dying. I mean it certainly wasn't easy and I was ready for that last run to be over, but I did it. Might I someday actually be able to run for 30 minutes straight?? Looks like this might be possible. I ended up doing 2 miles in 30:51. Which I realize is still not amazing, but it's a good start. By August I hope to be doing 3.1 miles in 35-40 minutes. Probably closer to 40 - but why not shoot for 35?!
And now for the bad news -- I went out for lunch since it was half price lunch at the Flying Saucer and I got a veggie burger that came with cucumbers, avocado, lettuce, tomato and onion. Good, right? And a side of FRIES! Woops. But I don't feel bad or guilty. I've counted the points and will adjust my day accordingly. As long as I don't let it turn into a horrible downward spiral I'll be a-ok! It's all about finding balance.
AND, I'm super excited for the finale of The Biggest Loser. I cannot wait to see who got voted off and how everyone looks! YAY!

1 comment:
Counting points when I go out is probably my biggest challenge (ok, well it's one of my biggest challenges...). Good for you! And I am using you to keep me going on the C25k. I'm basically starting over since I'm having problems with my blood pressure and blah blah blah, but I'll get there. Congrats on starting week 4!!!
Post a Comment