I did started the C25K podcast yesterday. It was really good. The music on it is a little techno-y for my liking, but it's worth it to not have to keep figuring out when you start and stop running. I did it without too much trouble, though at one point the guy was like, "ok you should be feeling the effects of your run, but you shouldn't be out of breath and you should be able to talk comfortably" HA HA HA! I was totally out of breath. I mean I could talk, but would certainly be gasping for some air. I actually laughed at that. I'm hoping to do it again tomorrow night. I'm working out with Trainer Boy tonight, so I don't think my legs will be in running shape after I lift. I'll do an easy walk or the elliptical after lifting and then get back to it tomorrow. Yeah! I am DETERMINED to be a runner. Even if I hate every darn second of it :)
As for dinner at Carrabbas last night.... it was a bit disastrous. I went to town on the bread. It was hot and warm and amazing. For the rest of my dinner I had the salmon with a basil tomato sauce on it and green beans for my side. It came with soup or salad and they had the sausage lentil soup for the special that I LOVE so I got that. I ate most of my soup and half of my entre. And then my weight in bread. I heart carbs. And you know what? I don't really feel guilty about it. I splurged at dinner last night but am right back on track today. I was tempted to have a snack at 10:30 last night because Ar was having one, but then I was like hold up - you are not hungry at all! So I didn't. So yes, I ate more than I would have liked, but the little victories are ordering salmon and not pizza or pasta in cream sauce, and getting veggies for my side instead of pasta or potatoes. Next time maybe I'll be able to resist the bread.... HA! AND, one of the girls knew my birthday was coming up (thanks to myspace haha) and she insisted on buying my dinner. So that was super sweet of her. Especially since the salmon was a bit pricey!
In other news... I just feel the need to mention how much I love avocado. Now I have a slight allergic reaction to it. Just makes me lips/tongue tingle a bit and my throat itch. It's the same thing that happens when I eat apples or melons. But for a lot of those foods I just think it's worth it to do with the consequences. And avocado CERTAINLY falls in that category. I just really love them. I'm eating my lunch right now and added some avocado to my salad and it just makes the meal. I can't believe the first 20 some years of my life I had no idea how yummy they were!
Also, it's cake day at work, and I feel somewhat obliged to have a piece, since it's my birthday month. I had a VERY small piece of the chocolate cake, it was heavenly but was literally like 2 bites. I tried to tell them not to get me a cake, but we have another March birthday and she's a TOTAL princess and actually requests a very SPECIFIC kind of cake and throws a fit if people get any other kind. Totally ridiculous. But whatever. So I had my small piece of bday cake and added the points in so I'm golden!
Tomorrow people from work are taking me to The Penguin for lunch. Which might prove to be a disaster. The place is amazing. And has been featured on The Food Networks "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives." Amazing burgers, sweet potato fries, regular fries, fried pickles..... but I will just be good the rest of the day. It's also supposed to go up to 79 tomorrow so I'm hoping to get a bike ride in (if wheels somehow get put on my bike tonight... hint hint).
Ok todays menu....
Bfast:
cinnamon life cereal w/ 1/2 cup milk - 3
SMALL piece of bday cake - 3
Lunch:
tastes of food at Trader Joes - 3
salad with baby spinach, peppers, tomatoes, 1 oz light cheddar, 2 oz avocado, 3 wheat thins crushed up, ff balsamic - 4
Snacks:
1/2 banana, strawberries, fat free whipped cream (yes I did pack the entire can of redi whip in my lunch bag) - 1
1/2 whole wheat pita with egg salad (1/2 the yolk, 1 egg, 2 tsp light mayo) - 2
Dinner:
I have NO idea. I'm thinking maybe burgers because it's going up to 75... so grilling would be fun. so maybe:
5 oz burger - 5
avocado - 1
light EM - 1
grilled asparagus - 0
3.27.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Damn you and your nice weather!!
I still have 2ft of snow on the ground! Although it is getting nicer out and I hope to be out riding next week, snow or no snow!
Kudo's ont he dinner choices.
I've been really lax the past week - thought I should eat more w/ my upcoming race but uh, that is SOOO not the way to go!! On my best behavior from now (literally, NOW) till I lose the next 15.
Enjoy the nice weather. Pls. send it my way. pretty please?
I hate to be the bearer of bad news or the know-it-all reader, but when food makes your lips and tongue tingle and throat itch...it's not a good thing. It might be the precursor to anaphylactic shock. It's the kind of thing where out of the blue your throat will close. I had to give up lobster, shrimp, and crab (boo..crab is my favorite food!) for the same reason. Avocados are awesome, but not actually "to die for". Go see an allergist to be on the safe side.
And by the way...you are *totally* on your way to being a runner!
Post a Comment