I got to the gym at my usual time last night... around 5:04pm (give or take a few haha). And the parking lot was PACKED. It's usually full, but not like Christmas Eve at the mall full. Strange. So I find a spot, and head in. I opened the door and was SMACKED in the face with a familiar smell. Fried food. Wings and pizza to be exact. I thought maybe someone was just grabbing dinner before starting their shift. People are allowed to eat at work, right? I do everyday. So I kept walking, went to the locker room, changed and started my workout. It was only once I was on the elliptical that I realized there were all sorts of people sitting in the 'waiting' area (there are a bunch of cafe type high tables and chairs near the entrance, not sure of their purpose, but whatever). It was a bunch of guys and there was a TV set up. It seemed they were playing some sort of Madden video game. (I don't play video games so I have no idea what system it was on). I then saw the table filled with Wings and Pizza. Back up, aren't I at the GYM? I'm here to sweat. So why are there a bunch of dudes hanging out playing video games and eating bar food? Apparently it was some sort of contest. I guess a pre-superbowl promotion to get people to join the gym? Still doesn't quite make sense. But it was somewhat entertaining as every 15 minutes or so there would be a HUGE cheer from that section and all of the guys from who were lifting would RUN over to see what happened. Boys are funny like that. So it at least provided entertainment while I was working out. But when I left, walking right by that food and getting a good whiff again was just strange. The gym should smell like sweat and that nasty stuff you use to wipe down your machine... not wings and pizza!
But enough about that. I did well again yesterday -- ate 24 points plus my 3 APs. Not too shabby. The scale is not showing any sort of loss, it keeps going up. But I'm ignoring it as I know I'm doing it right this time. Screw you scale. I feel great and my pants aren't tight today!
Menu time!
Breakfast:
Two fat free eggo waffles - 2
1/4 cup blueberries - 0.5
1/4 cup strawberries - 0.5
Leftovers for Lunch:
Meatloaf - 4
Couscous - 3
peppers and onions - 0
Snacks if needed:
clemenetine - 1
choc vitamuffin - 2
Dinner:
I'm thinking BBQ sloppy joes - 6
Veggies - 0
Gym again tonight after work. Either step class, or a good walk/run on the treadmill.
1.29.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I would have left a pile of drool on the elliptical:)
Yah, damn the scales. We rock no matter what.
I am off to the Y in a bit for some tough love on the legs. My upper body hurts too much from yesterday.
Working out while annoyed is good...and bad..you think you are superman and do extra heavy weights!!
Have a great day!
I hate the scales as well. Mine has a mind of it's own.
I think I'm done with it for a while.
And your gym is just cruel.
Keep up the good work! I know it's hard to keep at it when the scale is going in the wrong direction. Hopefully you will see a big jump in the right direction soon.
Wings and pizza are weird in the gym. Our old gym had a concession stand with junk too.
Ok, that is really strange. Maybe they're feeding people junk so they keep having to come to the gym? That would have pissed me off to smell that when I'm trying to work out!
I'm so sorry about the scale, but way to go on your attitude! You KNOW it will pay off in the end, so hang in there!
Post a Comment