9.17.2007

Keepin On

I'm just truckin along here on the Weight Watchers highway (lame reference, I know) and it feels good. In the past year or two I've fallen off the wagen after 2-3 weeks. So once I get through that and am still on track I'll feel really good! As of right now, its one day at a time.

I just ran to the store on my lunch (after letting out the pup of course) and got some stuff to make dinners for the week. I'm trying to start planning out my meals at the begining of the week (at least for dinner) so I dont get home on Wednesday night all hungry and think hmm whats for dinner? And then order pizza or something. So here's what I've decided so far....

Monday: Impossibly Easy Chicken Pot Pie (if you substitute 98% fat free cream of [anything] soup its 5 points for 1/4 of the recipe -- do you know how big that serving is???)
Tuesday: Chili in the crock pot (I even got crock pot liners -- cooking doesnt get any easier than a crock pot meal with no clean up!
Wednesday: WFAE softball game at 6:30, I've got some home made pizza in the fridge that will be heated up for dinner when we get home
Thursday: I have a meeting at Fuel Pizza and will get my FAVE salad and bring my own dressing (because I have no shame) and maybe some soup
Friday: I dont have anything planned for Friday yet. I figure leftovers :)

Now the test is to see if I can actually stick to the schedule. We shall see...

On an unrelated note the weather has been beautiful! Its currently 75 degrees -- can I tell you how nice that is after it being in the 100s for most of August?? Its prefect. We finally tuend off the central air and have fresh air cooling the house. It smells so nice to have the windows open, and its perfect sleeping weather. I love cuddling up under the covers with a cool breeze. YAY!

Ok, todays menu before I forget to post

Bfast:
steel cut oats w/ mix ins - 3.5

Lunch:
home made chick salad (chicken, light mayo, grapes, cashews, salt pepper) on TJs low carb tortillas - 4.5
TJs apple raspberry sauce - 1

Snacks:
sugar free jello - 0
no pudge brownie w/ cool whip light - 2
grapes - 1

Dinner:
Pretzel Slims w/ fresh salsa - 2
Chicken Pot Pie - 5
Asparagus - 0

Snack:
Ice cream treat during the EAGLES game! - 3

4 comments:

Carrie said...

E-A-G-L-E-S! Eagles! Eagles!! :) Jimmy is a skins fan...poor guy ;)

Great job getting to the store and planning out your entire week of dinner. I can't wait to try the pot pie!! It sounds delish!!

Keep up the amazing work!! I am so jealous of you and how great you are doing. Just remember this feeling so around March of next year you can motivate me to get off the baby weight!!

Lizzy1263 said...

I love your blog, I can relate so well, I am at where you started weight wise....I am struggling with dinner, that seems to be my only downfall...need ideas and to plan out stuff ahead of time....I wish I could cook on Sundays like my mom used to....I will have to try....anyway....great job on your 4lb loss.....I am just starting back at the gym....Im run/walking....got 10 min in and then I walk...so Im trying hard to run the entire 25 minutes....I do elliptical also, adn free wieghts....your a great inspiration...hope you will visit me also....

lainb said...

Do you have a fav chili recipe? I was looking for one yesterday but there are about 1,000,000,000 variations and I don't know where to start. And anything made in the crockpot is a plus for this non-cook. :) Thanks!

Mindy said...

That chicken pot pie looks awesome. I'm printing that baby right now!