8.21.2007

Slacking

I've been slacking so hard core lately. Really I've been slacking since like March or something. Which is more than 'lately'... more like the past 4 months. Hmph. I'm not sure how to get my motivation back. I just feel like my schedule is so screwy! I feel badly leaving the house when I get home after work because then Maddie has to go back in her 'den' (aka the master bathroom) and shes in there all day while I'm at work. Ar doesnt get home from work until 7:30-8ish, so by that time it just seems to late to really get out there to do anything. Moral of the story I need to get to the gym or ride BEFORE work. Though we all know how well I do with that.... How does one get up at 6am? I've tried it all: alarm clock across the room, sleeping in my work out clothes, going to be super early... none of it seems to matter when my alarm clock goes off and I know I could get away with another hour's sleep.

I cant remember the last time I rode my bike. Part of it is because I'm lazy, part because my shoes were missing and part because I dont know WHERE to ride in our new neighborhood. But the MS 150 is around the corner and its going to kick my ass. Argh.

Ok, enough of being down. So far today has been a good day. I got up, showered, shaved (a huge feat for my to do in the AM), have a cute outfit on, and have resisted chocolate cake!! So as of 10am today has been a success :) Now I just need to keep it that way.

On the menu...

Breakfast:
natural pb, honey, light bread (4)

Snack:
grapes (1)

Lunch:
not sure yet as I dont have anything packed

Snack:
pretzels (2)

Dinner:
Have a meeting at Panera, so I'll probably get some low fat soup and whole grain baguette YUM! (5)

As for my water -- I've been drinking at least 2.5 bottles of my 32oz nalgene so I'm certainly hydrated.

I'm going to make today a GOOD one!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm, i love panera's soup and whole grain bread - that combo is such a great lunch/dinner... my fav is the veggie black bean - so filling... :o)

you said you feel bad for leaving maddie in the bathroom - what about getting a child's gate and putting her in the kitchen? there would be more room and you wouldn't have to worry about the tiny space... or better yet, take her for a long walk when you get home and you'll both get exercise... :o)

Martalu said...

Aw Jeannie, that sucks. I don't know how to get up earlier. I hate mornings. But, a friend at work walks her dog while riding her bike. That way, the dog gets to run at full speed at least once a day, and she gets to do her favorite thing ever, which is ride her bike.

So, how are you liking the home ownership thing? Pictures, please!

Krissie said...

I too shaved this morning. A feat in itself.
I don't know how to make yourself get up earlier. I have a commute now, so I have to. And I hate it. And I yawn from lunch to dinner time every day.
When you find the secret, let me know!

maria said...

I wish you the best Jeannie, you do so well with writing what you eat on your blog. It's a great idea to resist packaged food. I'm experiencing some allergies at present to the colours and 'numbers' you see on packets (it's a stress induced allergy). Your liver will thank you for detoxing! And weight loss will be easier. Best wishes getting back on your bike.. you can do it.. I remember reading about your bike rides. It's still in you! :-)

Paige said...

i am having a real hard time right now too. it is so hard. people without a weight problem really can't comprehend what we all go through. i don't think anyway...
i like jodi's suggestion for the dog btw

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

How about walking Maddie while you bike? There are special leashes that hook to your bike... they have built-in suspension so you don't get pulled off balance if she jerks the leash.

I know what you mean about losing motivation... it's hard to stay motivated all the time!

Cory said...

Hope everything's going better now!