One of my friends from home has been trying to get up in the morning to work out. So we arranged a wake up call for this morning. She said if she knew I was counting on her to get ME up that shed get up. So she said shed call me at 6:15am. I set my alarm for 6:15 in case she didnt call. She called at 6:07, and I groggily told her I was awake. All lies though really. I went right back to sleep as my alarm wasnt set til 6:15. That was 8 whole minutes I was going to miss out on!
And then my alarm went off, and God love my girlfriend... she took a beating trying to get me out of bed (as I've given her permission to pretty much do anything short of push me out of the bed).
[Keep in mind she didnt have to get up yet... just me]
Ar: "You have to get up" (takes all covers off me)
Me: (silence)
Ar: "Get out of bed" (nudges me towards the edge of the bed)
Me: "Nooooo I'm tired"
Ar: "You'll feel so much better once youre up, its the getting up thats the hard part"
Me: "... I didnt get enough sleep last night, I'm tired"
Ar: "Well then an extra half hour of sleep isnt going to fix it... so just get up"
(me... laying there silently cursing all things in the world)
So now its like 7 minutes later and Ar finally asks "Are you getting up?" (silence) "Fine... but dont ask me to get you out of bed ever again"
So I angrily threw the covers off (that I had stolen back) and said"Im getting up, but only to shut you up!" I was sooooo bitter. It was really dreadful. Poor Ar.
That being said I got up, stormed around the apt making as much noise as possible so Ar couldnt sleep soundly (I'm a pleasure to live with let me tell you) and went for a quick (well not so much quick as short mileage) ride.
But I do need to publicly apologize to Ar for my nasty behavior this morning. I am NOT a morning person. And clearly I can be quite nasty in the morning. But I really dont mean it... its the sleep talking I swear!
So yes, after my ride I got to the DMV at 7:50, waited in line outside in the rain (thankfully it didnt start raining until after my ride) until they opened at 8... and then hung out there for 2 hours to get an NC license. They make you retake the written test if you have an out of state license. Painful... but thankfully I passed! It was close as I got 3 wrong (and if you get more than 5 wrong you fail).
So I got to work around 10 and I'm leaving at 3 to go get my car registered in NC (as thats at a differen section of the DMV, so difficult.) But either way I'm having a short work day... though sometimes I think I'd rather be at work than standing in line at the DMV. Oh well :) Lets just say a prayer that I have all of the proper documents to get my registration done.
Now onto my menu....
Bfast:
crackers and cheese (random I know but it was in my lunch bag and I was craving it) - 5
Lunch:
chick salad sandwhich - 7
small fruit cup - 1
Snack:
yogurt - 1
Dinner:
veggie pizza - 7
not sure what else....
APs: 4
6.20.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I used to be exactly like that! Too funny! I'd always have to be apologizing to my husband for yelling at him that morning! But thank goodness our honeys love us despite our morning grumpiness!
Congrats on getting up :) I really need to get back into a routine again. It makes it soooo much easier to wake up!
I'm with you about the DMV. Why can't they put everything in ONE building? Or at least within a couple of blocks of one another?
Good job getting up, even if you were really grumpy. Maybe it will be easier next time.
Hahaha! Poor Ar!!
I'm not a morning person either!!
lol! do you feel better for having gotten up after all?
I'm not a morning person either... I feel your pain. But great job in getting out of bed and exercising!
Post a Comment