6.04.2007

Bring on June

Yes... May BLEW. Big time. And I even spent 4 days of it at a freakin health spa! But alas... its a new month, a new week... lots of new beginnings. I ended up with a big ole gain at the end of May, so I certainly need to step it up this month to get rid of that, and a little more if at all possible! And mini newsflash to me... bathing suit season isnt 'rapidly approaching'... its HERE!

So lets see... some goals for this month:
- ride my bike at least 3x's per week
- count points NO MATTER WHAT... even if I eat 60 points in one day, I will track :)

I think I'll leave it at that. Because I think that enough to keep my busy for a month! My challenge partners this month are: Amethyst, Maria and Natalie. So feel free to stop by and wish them luck as well! I think the 4 of us are going to do great this month!

OK... and now onto a weekend recap and the like :)

I did ok with eating this weekend, but not as good as I'd hoped. Weighed in on Sat and was up 1.2. Not bad considering that the past 2 weeks Id pretty much eaten anything I watned and didnt work out at all. I tracked points this weekend, but the food that I ate was so unhealthy. TONS of cookies. It was a rainy weekend so Ar and I did some baking and LOTS of sitting around watching TV/movies. We both had our period... not a good combination haha! But yesterday I went to the store and got lots of healthy food. A WHOLE pineapple (I'd never bought or cut one before but they were on sale so I went for it), watermelon, blue berries, strawberries, bananas, green beans, broccoli, asparagus, peppers, onions... whew! I went NUTS in the produce dept. Got home and cut up ALL the fruit and have it ready in Tupperware in the fridge to just grab and go. And I stuck to the outside isles only getting cereal, pasta and pasta sauce on the inside! I was proud of that :) And Sundays rotisserie chickens are on sale for $3.99 so thats my new fave thing to get. I got home and deboned it all and now I have TONS of chicken for stirfry, chick salad or whatever else this week. And 4 bucks? A steal!!!

Ok menu today....

bfast:
cheerios w/ 1/2 banana - 3
vitamuffin - 1

Lunch:
chick salad sammy w/ little bit of avocado on top (not sure how it will be, but i think yummy) - 4
yogurt - 1
HUGE fruit salad (see above!! im so pumped) - 2

Snack:
100 cal pack - 2

Dinner:
not 100% sure yet, I'm thinking meatloaf and some veggies and brown rice (my other new obsession)

Thats all I got for today! Happy Monday :)

7 comments:

Michelle @ The 2007 Challenge said...

Great job Jeannie on the grocery shopping! I made a mad dash to the market yesterday and stuck to the perimeter as well - I only ventured into an aisle to get black olives :) And you're right! Swimsuit season is HERE baby!

Keep up the great work!
Michelle
http://findingmahealani.typepad.com

Cory said...

Great goals! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

YUM! All that fruit sounds good.
And I can't believe this is your first try at a Pineapple!

On my ride yesterday (Sunday) I was chased UP A HILL by a....COW.

I kid you not. A cow was on the road and it chased me.

You would have laughed your booty off!

Rebecca said...

i can't believe june is here either! i'm still waiting for it to snow again!!

may the weightloss gods be with us this month!!

Natalie C. said...

Oh my gosh- I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt recently that I have to get back on track. We're both on the east coast & maybe it's in the air. But now there's motivation in the air. I feel it! :)

Amber said...

Great job and great goals, you can do it!!

Krissie said...

I've found that knowing that I'm going to write down what I eat in iteself makes me more conscious of what I put in my mouth.
I'm excited about all your fruit. Our blackberries should be ready in about a month. I love summer!