5.09.2007

Changing it Up

I was doing SO well yesterday, until we had a minor crisis. Lily called me in TEARS at like 8 and apparently sprained her ankle and was driving home from tennis (with only one foot as she drives stick and it wa her right foot... good heavens). So I went over there and was trying to get her to go tot he emergency room but she refused, and being the stubborn lawyer that she is there was no way I was going to win that battle. So we got her all showered and set up in bed with ice and all of that. Her ankle was HUGE and all bruised -- I think its actually broken and tried to tell her that... but again shes stubborn. Ar came over when she got home from work and stopped at CVS and got a bandage to wrap it and other goodies. So we didnt get home until 10:30 and I hadnt eaten dinner. (I was in the midst of getting stuff ready for dinner when she called). So our friend Ben (who lives downstairs from Lily) had some lasagna in his fridge that he made (and let me tell you he makes GOOD lasagna with little sausage pieces and everything) and packed some up for us to go. So I got home at 10 pm STARVING and had a bit of lasagna and a bowl of tirx. Granted I was probably still within my points... but I really didnt need to be eating that right before bed. I was annoying, but what are ya gonna do???

[Update: Lily just called, her ankle AND foot are broken. Arleigh just picked her up and brought her to the docs -- so I'll be heading over there tonight to help her out! Poor kid I feel so bad!!]

Todays menu is yummy! I've been trying to change things up a bit with my lunches so I dont get bored. I am eating my lunch 'salad' right now and its HEAVENLY!!!! I basically just threw some onions, tomatoes, cucumbers in a bowl. Threw in some cilantro, garilc powder and this other seasoning I have I think its called like Crazy Amy's seasoned salt. Then at work when I was ready to eat it I added a bit of avocado and my fat free balsamic dressing. Its so tasty and only 1 point for the avocado. I'm obsessed!

Bfast:
vita muffin and tea - 1

Snack:
akmak and light veggie cream cheese - 2

Lunch:
cucumbers, onions, tomatos, avocados and ff balsamic - 1
pretzels - 2
smoothie or TCBY - 4

Snack:
100 cal pack - 2
strawbs and cool whip - 1

Dinner:
not sure -- pottery tonight, but we should be home early as its our last class. I'll probably make something quick and easy like grilled cheese or a quesadilla after class -- nothing more than 8 points

Thats the plan for today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Hope your friend is doing better.

Keep running out of hours in my day to update.

I went to my first local Mtb. bike race on Monday - oy. Lots of crashing but great fun!

Carrie said...

A broken foot and ankle!! Poor girl, how did she do that?! Helping a friend in need is way more important, so you did the right thing. :) I have not tried Vita Muffins, where in the store are they? are they really good?