Well it's back to normal everyday life. Sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day instead of taking fun classes like barefoot boogie and cardio dance fusion for 8 hours a day!! And making my own food, not ordering whatever I want off the incredible menu in the dining room.
But that being said I'm glad to be back! I had an amazing time at Canyon Ranch. Learned a bunch. Took a jillion classes (I'd normally get up at 7 for breakfast then take classes from 8:30-12:30, break for lunch and do classes again from 2-5:30), stretched a bunch, got a massage, body scrub and pedicure. And now I'm just relaxed, sore and trying to incorporate as much as possible into my everyday life! I got a cook book there so I'm going to try to make at least 1 new recipe from it a week. I'm also going to try to incorporate more whole grains into my diet (steel cut oats, quinoi, barley, lentils, etc). Cant hurt, right?
And the number one thing I want to work on is STRETCHING everyday! Its amazing how much better my body feels after just stretching for 30 min in the morning and evening everyday. So I'm going to keep my yoga mat in the house (instead of my trunk) and even if I cant stretch in the morning I want to spend at least 20 minutes at night (maybe while watching tv) doing some good stretches. It feels so great I dont know why I wouldnt do it!
I took a bunch of pictures, so I'll try to get them up tomorrow.
Other than that, not much else to report! My menu for today is...
Breakfast:
oatmeal, raspberries, honey and almonds - 3
Snack:
pretzels w/ light string cheese - 2
Lunch:
cherries - 1
light flat out bread, 1 piece of turkey, avocado, onions, peppers, cucumbers and balsamic dressing - 3
peanuts - 2
Snacks:
sugar free pudding - 1
yogurt - 1
strawberries and cool whip - 1
Dinner:
basmatti brown rice (YUM) - 3
mahi mahi - 4
some sort of veggie - 0
I'm thinking of going for a ride after work, or maybe just cleaning up the house as its a disaster! Either way I will stretch tonight!!!
5.24.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Bah, the messy house will be there.
Sunny nice days are meant to be enjoyed from your bike seat :)
Sounds like a great time was had at the Spa!
Glad you had a great time! I can't wait to see the photos!! :)
Love to hear some of the recipes you enjoyed! Glad your back.
Post a Comment