4.29.2007

Weigh In, Steeplechse and a Good Ride

I've had quite the eventful weekend! Yesterday I had to work at the Queens Cup Steeplechase races which was so fun. Basically I worked the WFAE table (spun a prize wheel and gave out goodies) from 10-12:30 and then after that I was free to enjoy the day! Not only did I get paid for working, but I got 4 tickets to the event and free parking! So I really can't complain. I brought Lily and 2 of her friends that were in from out of town. We packed a picnic of cheeses, tons of fruit, wheat thins, carrots and Lily's homemade raspberry squares (which are heavenly). So even with the 'tailgating' I was able to eat well! But anyway everyone was all dressed up in adorable sun dresses and hats and I honestly felt like I had time warped into 1952 or something. I loved it! Heres a few pictures:

Me and Lily (I need to find a good hat for next year!)

The picture doesnt do the horses justice

Then I hung out at Ar's shop from 3-6 as they were short handed and well I'm good at answering the phone at least so I did that to try to help out. Ha! And then we went out to dinner ... MEXICAN. But I did well there too! I got veggie fajitas which was basically a huge sizzling skillet of peppers, onions and brocolli and then 3 small flour tortillas (I only at 2) and then a side of rice (2 bites), guac and salsa. It was great and I ate lots of the veggies. Yay!

This morning I weighed in as I forgot to yesterday morning (what with the excitement of getting up at 8am for Steeplechase). I was down 0.2 pounds! It doesnt seem like much, but considering that I really blew a few days this week AND didnt workout at all I was pleased! YAY!

That got me in the right mindset to go for a ride today. I went out and did about 16 miles. Though my cat eye broke like 15 minutes into the ride (a part must have fallen off the wheel on a bump) so that was a bummer. But instead of being annoyed and quitting early I forged on. Added to some of the sun I got yesterday (my back looks like a maze with 2 different riding tan lines and yesterdays sundress lines haha) and just got in a really good workout. Heres my route compliments of Gmaps Pedometer.

Now its time to shower and clean because my parents are coming to visit on Friday! I'm so excited!!! Though I'm not quite sure what we're going to do all weekend. The two things that are definite are walking a 5k with my mom on Saturday morning (a few people I know are doing it so I thought that would be fun), and having my dad help us install a ceiling fan in the bedroom. Yippee!

As for today's menu it's really up in the air. So far heres what I've got:

Bfast:
Apple Jacks (so healthy I know ha) - 4

Lunch:
small piece of leftover pizza and leftover veggies from last night - 5
Asian pear - 0

Dinner:
no idea! Maybe barilla plus pasta and meatballs??? We shall see what I cook up.

6 comments:

Cory said...

Congrats on the loss! It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend!

Carrie said...

Great job on the loss and the ride!! Keep up the awesome work!! The steeplechase sounds like a lot of fun!

maria said...

Hi again! Thanks for including the photo's of your steeplechase event - you both look lovely (you and your friend)! You really do well with your bike..I was amazed at your distances. Also including that map was cool, I've never seen anyone do that on a blog!

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun to watch!

ha ha, my cateye broke on a ride last week too! I lost the bracket part for the computer to sit in. oops.

Off for a ride tonight. My town/area is not updated on Google yet so I can't do a fancy shmancy map like you!

JP said...

Hey Jeanie http://pointsandpounds.blogspot.com/,

I just got added to your “Fat Fight BlogRoll”, and I really want to introduce myself to the blogsphere…

I would like to pay you for a “Blog Review” of my blog www.DoesIsagenixWork.com.

Are you willing to write 250 words of my weight loss story for $20 USD (via PayPal)?

Drop me an email jp at jprichards dot com

For the Love of Cleansing,

JP Richards
www.DoesIsagenixWork.com
No MORE Mr. Fat Guy

JOY said...

Well done on yet another loss - you are doing really well!

Sounds like you had a fab day at the races - thanks for sharing it with us!

Great that you got paid to have a good time - if only all jobs were like that.