3.14.2007

Let the Sunshine!

Well its warm out today, but as of right now its 71 and CLOUDY! Its supposed to get up to 81 so lets hope the sun comes out. Last night I painted my toes a pretty bubble gum pink color and today I'm sporting FLIP FLOPS, a cute brown skirt, and even did my hair curly (just to put it into perspective I usually wear jeans a crappy shirt and my hair up to work). I'm totally celebrating the weather.

Last night all my good day went downhill. I skipped my bikeride and went to the Wine Vault with people from work. Its in the same shopping center as our office building and you can sit outside by the (man made) lake. It was hoppin last night. But I did just bring my lemon water and didnt have any sort of alcoholic beverages. Then I got home and for dinner had baked tostitos with REAL cheese, 2 cookies (so much for resisting them yesterday morning haha), a bite of cake and a HUGE bowl of cinnamon life cereal. WOOPS! But I did attempt to count all of the points and calories etc... so thats good.

Right now people are talking about hitting up the new 'gourmet burger' place that just opened up next door. While I'm still feeling a bit iffy towards burgers after last week its tempting to go out to lunch with everyone (literally like 12 people are going) and sit outside I feel like I need to resist for 2 reasons. A) I'm poor. B) I'm fat. I wish I could go with them and just bring the lunch I packed!

I think I'll stick with my original plan of getting some soup from Panera to go with my sandwich and hitting up the bank to deposit a check.

**Update: Everyone just left for lunch and I declined! Be proud. Its such a temptation for me!**

As for todays menu its a bit up in the air as we're going over our friends' house for dinner. (Another reason not to go crazy at lunchtime). So I am trying to be good during the day, run home and get in a quick bike ride, shower and off I'll go!

Here is what I have so far for todays menu:

(click image to make larger)

(from SparkPeople.com)

And a few people have asked how I post my sparkpeople info up here. First from Spark People I go to "See Todays Full Report." I copy all of that info and paste it into Excel and try to format it. I then copy that formatted info and paste it into Microsoft Paint. I then save that as an jpg. And then I've got my image! I'm sure theres a MUCH easier way... but thats how I do it. And if someone knows that easier way feel FREE to inform me :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

As punishment for NOT going biking last night, you need to send me a package of those 100 Calorie Cupcakes!

They are not in Canada. We may have moose, igloos and hockey but no 100 Cal. Packs of cupcakes!

Get off your duff and ride!

Cory said...

Sorry to hear about yesterday, but you're doing great today! Just keep it going for the rest of the week and you'll be fine!

Carrie said...

Way to go on not having any wine. I am sure that was hard too! And just think how many more points that would have been on top of the tostitos and cheese (and 2 cookies), but you didn't drink any so that is a plus! Now just make up for it tonight with your ride...do some hills!!

oh flip flops...how I long for flip flops...it is warm enough here, but I need a pedicure badly (think I am going to treat myself this weekend after my weigh in if all goes well). I wish I could just wear them to work!!

Have a great night! And awesome job about not going out for the burgers for lunch!!

Anonymous said...

Next time you gotta snap a picture for us :) I did my toes in a bright pink the other day. Pink is definitely a Springtime color!

We hit 57 degrees here today, but it's cloudy and rainy too. But the birds are EVERYWHERE and I love it! I'm so excited for Spring and Summer. The endorphins must be making me a little deranged because I'm actually wanting to wear dresses and skirts - I've worn nothing but slacks to work for 4 years. LOL!!

Keep up the great work Jeannie!

Logical guy said...

Hi Jeannie, I have just found out that I'm your March Health and Fitness partner, so hello and I'll try and make up for the delay in saying hello. Anyway, you asked about taking screen images, well Screenprint32 is a good image program, if you make lots of screen images then it may be worth trying it out.

John.

Anonymous said...

can you not just screen print a page?

Amber said...

Thanks for the info on the screen printing!

I love Panera soup and have gotten to where they are a regular. I always have either the French Onion or Turkey Chili both of which are delcious never tried the veggie one though.

Ahh I love flip flops but it always seems too chilly when I go into work so I never wear them but hopefully soon!

Anonymous said...

Way to go on resisting! You know, you just saved yourself all of those calories from a burger...and there probably would have been fries to go along with it. go you!

And doesn't dressing up feel great? I don't put as much effort into my appearance as I shoud, but when I do, I feel wonderful. That's why I should be a contendor for "what not to wear"!! I love that show!