I went out to lunch today (yes, only Tues and I caved and went out to lunch) and while there were many tempting items I did really well! We went to Chilis and got the bottomless chips and salsa. Those chips are amazing - but we had the bottom of the batch and they were all pieces. So I allowed myself a few, but in NO way overdid it. I alloted for 3 points worth of chips (based on the nutritional info from the website) and think even that is a bit of a stretch. Amazing I tell you! Then instead of getting one of the super bad for you salads (one of them has over 1000 calories!!!!!) I went for the southwest veggie soup (5 points but i took all the shredded cheese off the top so I'm thinking more like 4 points) and a house salad with dressing on the side. I picked around the cheese and crutons on the salad and just had the lettuce, carrots and tomatoes dipped in the TINIEST bit of avocado ranch dressing. All in all it came out to 7.5 for the whole meal and I drank 4 mugs of water and am peeing like a madwoman!
I dont know why I cant always make good decisions like this because right now I feel so in control and proud! I hope that I can muster up some of this self control starting Thursday with all of the food around the station.... eek!
I have an apple, orange and grapes for a snack today so between that and the soup I'm well on my way to getting my fruits and veggies in.
Now to keep all of this good momentum going!
3.20.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
That is really awesome! Go You! for the good choices!
Way to go!!!! I'm so proud of you.
mmmmm, I love, love, love the chips & salsa from Chili's - I'm completely jealous that you were able to control your consumption of them!!
you make me proud...:wipingtearfromeye:: ;)
I am in the same boat and it feels good! I went out to California Pizza Kitchen, and I didn't have a pizza. I had a grilled rosemary chicken sandwich, and I was so proud of my choice!! It feels good doesn't it?!
Thanks for all your support right now. I really appreciate it!! I may just take you up on the emailing someday!! Thanks again!
Great job!! Way to go on your food choices! and awesome job staying in control. I have a hard time with the chips and salsa, either I have none or tons...so I am jealous! Keep up the great work!!
Great Job!!
I love tortillas and salsa...mmmm so good. I can never control how many I eat though. They are just so good. good for you for being able to make great choices. Good luck tomorrow and the rest of the week with all that food at work!! Be strong!
Post a Comment