8.06.2006

Getting through the weekend

Down time is my enemy when trying to lose weight. I'm not sure when it started, I guess when I was little. But when I'm bored I inevitably find myself in the kitchen just looking in the fridge, or cabinets. I'm not even hungry, just bored and looking for something to do.

So of course my unemployed status hasn't exactly helped with down time. I have more of it than I know what to do with. It's pretty rough, but I've found not having dangerous foods in the house has really helped.

But don't you hate that? When you just are watching TV or doing nothing and find yourself roaming through the kitchen? It drives me nuts! But it's just one of those old habits I'm working to get rid of. We'll see how it goes.

Then of course it also doesn't help when I spend 2 hours online looking at monster.com and other sites for a job. I get all upset and depressed because I don't have a job and no ones ever going to hire me and blah blah blah... and where do I find myself again? Ding! Ding! Ding! You got it... in the kitchen! Why is this? Why does my body insist on doing that? When did I learn to react to all situatsions -- good or bad -- with food?

Well at least I'm aware that that's what I do. That's most certainly the first step!

The weekend has been going ok. Last night I went out with Ar and some of her friends who were in town for a big bike race in downtown Charlotte. I didn't even meet up with them til 10pm, but I had a light dinner an still somehow had 3 points left by that time. We went to a cute bar and grill. But be proud -- I didn't order any food. No fries. No mozz sticks. No burger. Even though I was totaly in the mood for some greasey fried food. And I didn't even get a beer -- just water (with a lemon, but the waitress kind of forgot the lemon part, oh well). I had a few bites of Ar's crab dip which I counted as 2 points. But then... well people strated getting dessert. Damn them! I had been so good, and was right on track with my points when Ar ordered the old fashioned brownie. A huge gooey brownie topped with vanilla ice cream, choc syrup and tons of whipped cream. Woops. I ate some of it. I estimated that I ate about a quarter of it. I have no idea how many points it was, but I counted the part I ate as 7 points. I think that's a fair estimate. So even after some brownie lovin I still only used 6 flexies.

As for today I slept through the morning. Ar got up around 10ish and left for Clemson. I'm on my own with puppy til tomorrow night. I've never really been alone to watch her for so long and I'm a bit nervous. But she is a good puppy. I'm more nervous about picking up her poop. I won't lie. But me and puppy will be ok. She'll at least keep me company while Ar is gone.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm off to the foodstore to get some produce. Thinking of making a light pasta salad for dinner tonight -- and then of course keeping leftovers in the fridge for later in the week.

Ok, this was a LOOOONG post! So I'm going to wrap it up now :)

Menu:

Breakfst
puffins (3)
ww 3 berry scone (2)

That's all so far

Total Points: 5
Flex Points Used: 0
Flex Points Left: 24

2 comments:

TrixieBelden said...

Congrats on passing up the beer at the bar. That's the hardest thing for me to do! I actually bought wine at the liquor store today instead of beer. I miss beer.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I appreciate the support.

On the topic of your job search, check out the website www.simplyhired.com. It combines the job listings of tons of sites so you don't have to search multiple sites. It's great!

Good luck with everything!

Askazombiehousewife said...

I am so sorry your having a hard time finding a job. Bless you.